Description de l'offre
IBM is seeking an Cyber Security Threat Intel Analyst to work on the Cyber Security Rapid Response Team - Security Monitoring, Forensic and Threat Intelligence function. This position requires a motivated fast learner, who is able to work within the Rapid Response function to identify, analyze, and remediate potential threats to the environment. The candidate will require security industry knowledge that evolves with current and emerging threats, as well as an ongoing understanding of key business and technological processes. This position will report to the Threat and Response Lead of Information Security.
This role will perform security monitoring, investigations and perform analysis of events in order to thwart internal and external threats to the environment. Additionally, will collaborate on an ongoing basis with the Cyber Security Rapid Response Incident Response Team and Managed Security Service providers to support detection, triage, incident analysis, containment, remediation and reporting of events/incidents while coordinating, balancing business priorities, emerging and actual threats and best practices to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information assets.
• Security Monitoring
• Assist in establishing Global Security Monitoring discipline to support enterprise.
• Conduct Security Monitoring activities to provide Security in Depth visibility into potential known and unknown threats that may pose risk to the IBM environment.
• Participate in security incidents and act as technical Subject Matter Expert during significant security incidents.
• Review of alerts from Managed Security SOC providers, log correlation, log analysis, determining malicious software behavior, vetting out False Positives, remediating system misconfigurations, tracking system state changes, and other information across multiple systems. Finally, leveraging outputs to support forensic reconstruction as needed.
• Utilize analytics to identify potential threats to the environment.
• Detect, respond, mitigate, and report on cyber threats/incidents that may impact the environment.
• Collaborate with technical leads: Engineering, Operations, Service Desk, Applications and BISOs on matters related to security monitoring across global footprint.
• Collaborate and serve as liaison to Managed and/or Unmanaged Security Service providers.
• Conduct Operations surrounding cyber security incident response technologies including network logging and forensics, security information and event management tools, security analytics platforms, log search technologies, and host based forensics as applicable.
• Act as an internal information security consultant to the business and technology units, advising on risks, threats and control practices related to Rapid Response.
• Develop and manage ongoing Cyber Security Training and Awareness to stakeholders.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0059) IBM Magyarorszagi Kft.
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• At least 2 years of Networking experience
• At least 2 years of Malware Re-Engineering
• At least 5 years of experience in Cyber Security discipline and experience managing Technical Teams in a large scale environment.
• At least 5 years Information System Security background
• At least one Professional Certification; CISSP, CRISC, GISP, GIAC, or equivalent
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
• Practical experience with TCP/IP networking
• Experience with Linux, Windows and Network Operating Systems
• Working knowledge of Routing and Access Control Devices
Secondary Job Category
Technical Solutions Support Specialist
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire