Description de l'offre
Multiple Locations:Marlborough, Massachusetts; Charlotte, North Carolina; Phoenix, Arizona; Orlando, Florida; Austin, Texas; Livonia, Michigan; Illinois, United States
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 231055
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Marlborough
Other Locations: United States-Illinois-, United States-Michigan-Livonia, United States-Texas-Austin, United States-Florida-Orlando, United States-Arizona-Phoenix, United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
CFD/Thermal Application Engineer
As a CFD/Thermal Application Engineer you will be responsible for pre-sales support of the Mechanical Analysis Divisions (MAD) products, more specifically FloEFD and FloTHERM. As a part of the Simcenter Portfolio team, you will work closely with the sales organization to promote the growth of the MAD products to existing and prospective customers, in a wide range of industries.. This exciting opportunity offers a diverse range of skill development, from deep understanding of the application of flow and thermal problems in industry, to developing customer oriented presentations, training and account management skills in support of our larger sales strategies.
In this role you will work alongside the sales team to apply technical knowledge of the Simcenter MAD products, leveraging a combination of both application and domain expertise to a variety of customers engagements. The successful candidate will:
· Assist the Sales team on calls to determine the most appropriate Simcenter products for the customer
· Prepare and deliver software demonstration based on data provided by the customer
· Provide technical assistance to customers during software evaluation. This will be in the form of onsite or remote meetings during which the customer will learn how to best use the MAD solutions.
· Support benchmark activities during which he/she will gather customer data to create the most appropriate model to prove the value of using MAD solutions versus other solutions.
· Reach out to existing customers to assess their current use of MAD solutions and look for new opportunities to grow the Siemens Simulation
· Contribute to the product development roadmap by evaluating current product functionality, identifying customer needs, monitoring competitive products, analyzing and relaying customer requirements to the Siemens Simcenter product development team.
· Train and mentor client technical leads and subject matter experts in the application of Simcenter MAD products
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• A MS or PhD in Mechanical Engineering or related field with specialization in the fields of fluid dynamics and heat transfer.
• 3-5 years of experience in electronics cooling applications.
• 3+ years' experience in CFD technologies and software
• 3+ years' experience with CAD packages such as NX, Catia, Creo and SolidWorks.
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
• Up to 50% travel
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the
Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored
work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Experience with FloTHERM and FloEFD
• Lab testing experience
• Automotive and/or Aerospace industry experience
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,Click here .
Can't find what you are looking for?
Let's stay connected
US Only:Review Accommodations for Disability
© Siemens AG, 1996 – 2018