Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company withover 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future ofhealthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them indelivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 millionpatients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologiesand services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratorydiagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterpriseservices. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Biochemist2.
This is a manufacturing supportposition. The successful candidate willwork in the Tech Ops group of Protein Development services, which is a supplierof immunoassay components to the Walpole, MA manufacturing facility.
The job will involve productivityimprovements for antibody and antigen conjugates and their precursors. It will also involve troubleshooting theprocesses for making these materials, validating new or improved processes andmethods, qualifying new equipment and instruments, CAPA investigations.
This is a role well suited to an ambitiousprofessional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Biochemist 2 , youwill be responsible for :
· · TaskExecution/GDP
· o 95% on-time formulation/testing and documentationcompletion
· o Communicate all exceptions to supervisor
· o 5% or fewer errors leading to scrap/ QNrelease-as-is per year
· o 85% accuracy for batch record completion
· · Good LaboratoryPractice
· o Clean equipment and areas as part of eachproduction order
· o Maintain personal and shared work areas in propercleanliness and operating condition
· o Comply with requirements of GLP for labelling,container use, etc.
· · Problemresolution
· o Notice process and equipment problems when theyoccur.
· o Notify supervisor and describe problem
· o May solve problem with direction of supervisor orskilled colleague (Biochemist Sr. etc.)
· · At least 1PDS group duty, either continual low-level (2-5 hr. per week) or spikes ofactivity (5+ days per year)
· · Basicability in SAP to confirm inventories, visualize supply, execute job-relatedtransactions as required
· · For novelequipment, bringing AFI process throughto completion
· · Preparing/executingbasic instrument qualifications with QA and RA input
· · Performingtechnical tasks across subgroups (conj. → Ab, Ab → CT, etc.)
· · Providingtechnical guidance and assisting in training on specific instruments,processes, etc.
· · Formingand leading within-group teams, e.g. kaizens
· · ProblemResolution
· o Can anticipate potential problems
· o Proactively manages problems, either on own or withsupervisor depending on complexity
· · Assumingmore complex group duties with more responsibility, e.g. REES, equipmentvalidations
· o Design and execute more complex instrumentqualifications with guidance from supervisor and templates
· · OwningCAPA investigations and plan execution
· · Owningdesign transfer or design change projects (processes or tests)
· · Troubleshootingor optimizing complex technical processes and generate new ideas on how tosolve problems.
· · Designingand executing experiments to confirm hypotheses regarding investigations
Required Education,Experience and Skills:
· B.S. in biology, chemistry or related discipline. Master/Doctoral degree or equivalent industrial experience is preferred.
· 3 – 5 years relevant experience
· Knowledge of GMP, GDP and Microsoft softwarewill be an advantage.
· Technical writing skills
· Demonstrated ability to interpret data and to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
· Proficient in time management, possess well developed interpersonal skills, demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, and exhibit attention to detail.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy andpassion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in themed-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspirationof our common purpose: To innovate forhealthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas thattranslate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize thattaking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offeryou a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond yourcomfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming theway healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at
If you wish to find out more about thespecific before applying, please visit:
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happyto consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .