Description de l'offre
Locations:London, United Kingdom
As the Assistant Project Accountant you will provide effective financial management for our signalling project on Crossrail, supporting the Project Accountant and Finance Manager (FM) in providing accurate and timely accounting and reporting of the project.
Crossrail is the largest infrastructure project in Europe. The line will connect the existing Main Line Network from Reading and Heathrow in the West and Shenfield and Abbey Wood in the East. The central section consist of 21km double tube under the centre of London.
What are my responsibilities?
· Report project actual and forecast spend to support Work Package Managers (WPM) and Project Managers (PM) in the financial control and forecasting of their budgets
· Analyse project forecasts, developing a view on robustness, timing, risk and opportunity
· Review and if necessary challenge with WPM and PM before finalising
· Working with other parts of the project team as necessary e.g. Commercial & Central Finance
· Ensure all project reports and forecasts are submitted to Central Finance on time, accurate and are understood and approved where necessary, by the PM and FM
· Provide meaningful supporting commentary where required
· Act as the independent conscience of the project ensuring the integrity of the financial status and forecast, escalating issues or concerns where necessary
· Calculate and review where necessary, project accruals related to internal and agency staff, materials, and major subcontractors
· Ensure the correct trading margin % and verify the traded position
· Provide commentary on traded position and financial status/ movement where necessary
· Support the setup, submission and processing of Payment Applications, certificates and invoices
· Compliance with all Siemens accounting policies and processes
What do I need to qualify for this role?
· Relevant Project Accounting experience (essential)
· Strong organisational skills (essential)
· Strong communication skills (essential)
· Advanced Excel skills (essential)
· Desire and ability to work closely and develop productive relationships with both Finance staff and other project functions (essential)
· Qualified accountant or studying towards a professional Finance qualification
We're Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We're excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone's lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what's right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 92908
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time
Can't find what you are looking for?
Let's stay connected
Can't find what you are looking for?
© Siemens AG, 1996 – 2019