Siemens Mobility Limited are recruiting for an Assistant Possessions Planner in Birmingham.
The role of the Assistant Possessions Planner is to assist with all aspects of Engineering Access Planning, ensuring the safe, efficient, and cost-effective planning of Siemens engineering access Produce safe and effective SSOW plans in accordance with project timescales and industry standards. You will manage resources including quality, safety, time, costs, people, materials and tools / equipment for the task.
This role is critical in the development and delivery of robust SSOW plans. The role will involve close liaison with a wide range of people, within and external to Siemens. These include Construction, Engineering and Projects staff as well as Network Rail.
WHAT ARE MY RESPONSIBILITIES?
· Responsibility for production of project Safe System of Work Packs to time and budget.
· Endure the safety culture is authentic zero accident / incident.
· Plan safe systems of work for nominated projects with appropriate safety and performance measures applied, within required timescales.
· Maintain accurate and detailed records of SSOW plans.
· Produce plans compliant with operational standards, rules, and procedures.
· Attend site to identify risks / hazards, enabling production of robust SSOW plans.
· Book track access as required through Network Rails Green Zone Access process.
· Ensure appropriate protection staff and equipment are booked / confirmed within timescales.
· Ensure appropriate risk assessments are carried out prior to issue of SSOW plans.
· Assist in resolving track access conflicts to deliver the Siemens plan, whilst minimising commercial risk.
· Identify risks associated with work on or near the line and put in place mitigation measures.
· Deliver safe and efficient engineering access, whilst maximising access opportunities.
· Develop effective working relationships with Siemens, our delivery partners, and key stakeholders.
· Support /assist the Head of Infrastructure Access as necessary with Siemens business requirements.
· Maintain and hold appropriate licence for the activities carried out.
HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Set and lead the right behaviours to support creating a robust H&S culture.
· Set an example by their own actions and activities.
· Set targets and objectives for H&S and environmental for their direct staff, using the HSE tool and processes on the BMS for managing H&S and environmental objectives.
· Ensure that directed staff are capable and competent to undertake the tasks allocated to them.
· Ensure effective implementation of the SMO UKI BMS relating to Manuals, Plans, SSOW and other activities for which your role has responsibilities to ensure compliance with PCL requirements.
· Communicate and encourage feedback on H &S and environmental issues.
· Undertake appropriate disciplinary action for any breach of H&S following the just culture process.
· Investigate accidents or incidents to determine basic causes, feedback information both up and down the organisation using the SMO reporting system.
· Ensure adequate H&S equipment is to hand and is used by employees.
· Undertake H&S tours or inspections; take action where deficiencies are observed.
· When unable to rectify or remedy unsafe situations either stop work if the risk is too high and/or report the deficiency (and involve HSE) to the Project Manager for action.
· Promote and use the business procedures to control and manage work.
· Understand the H&S and environment risks involved in any activity they control and ensure any mitigation designated to control that risk are effectively operated/implemented.
· Be prepared and be competent to manage any for-seen emergency situations.
· Become involved in any worksafe problem and help resolve that problem.
· Maintain their competence to manage their own H&S and environmental responsibilities and contribute to their directs competence to manage their H&S and environmental responsibilities.
WHAT EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS DO I NEED?
Track competences relevant to role (Safe System of Work Planner, COSS, IWA, PTS)
WHAT COMPETENCIES DO I NEED?
Knowledge & Experience
· Technical competence demonstratable by appropriate SSOW planner licence.
· Hold full UK driving licence
· Minimum of 2 years railway operations experience.
· Good communication skills, both oral and written.
· Excellent IT skills (specifically MS Office).
· Experience carrying out duties of a COSS.
· Through knowledge of the rule book, group standards and other documentation relating to Possessions, SSOW planning and electrical isolations.
· railway operating rules, regulations for train signalling and group standards.
· Excellent working knowledge of SSOW planning tool (including Green Zone Planner, Sectional Appendix, Weekly Operating Notice, Engineering Access Statement, hazard directory and on-trac/epic systems).
· Understanding of key operational roles and how they can affect engineering access (Signaller, SWL, E/S, COSS).
· Commercial awareness and ability to identify change.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA , the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time