We are currently looking to recruit a talented Technician to join our Magnet Cryostat Assembly team on the weekend shift.
What are my responsibilities?
You would be responsible for ensuring the Shield and Cryostat assembly of superconductive magnets are to the appropriate standards. The role will includes both manual and semi-automatic tooling operation within the assembly disciplines.
What do I need to qualify for the role?
· Experience working in manufacturing, preferably in mechanical or electrical assembly.
· Experience in rotating equipment, overhead cranes and lift trucks.
· Experience in mechanical and pneumatic tools.
· Experience in electrical test equipment (multimeters, breakdown testers, power supply units).
· Ability to work in a safe manner, to work to standard procedures and follow build instructions.
· Ability to read engineering drawings.
· Good attention to detail & computer literacy
· Strong team player & good collaboration abilities
What are the benefits in this role?
· Competitive base salary + 30% shift premium, monthly and annual performance bonus
· Permanent weekend working and 2 weekday working days
· 26 days holidays + bank holidays
· Private medical benefits
· Great pension contribution
· And more (gym membership, travel insurance, retail vouchers, childcare vouchers, etc)
Siemens provides innovative solutions to help tackle the UK’s major challenges. Siemens has a significant presence throughout the UK, with 13 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices. Today the company employs over 13,760 people in the UK, including about 5,000 in the manufacturing sector. Last year’s revenues were £3.36 billion. Electrification, automation and digitalization are the long-term growth fields of Siemens. In order to take full advantage of the market potential in these fields, our businesses are bundled into nine divisions and healthcare as a separately managed business.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
If you are appointed in to this role you will receive standard Siemens terms, conditions and benefits.