Siemens Industry is looking for a First Shift Production Supervisor for our Grand Prairie, TX factory located in the heart of the DFW Metroplex. Our growing facility has over 700 employees that produce high-quality, engineered and make-to-order power distribution equipment. The Production Supervisor is the key driver of all daily production related processes and the hub of information transfer between the hourly assembly workforce and Management, Engineering, Quality Control, Purchasing and Planning. This is a first shift position but this person will work overtime, they will also rotate and work one weekend a month, both Saturday abd Sunday. This person will have 30-45 direct reports.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Grand Prairie factory is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
- Improve safety for all personnel that work in and around production lines
- Drive efforts and initiatives to reduce production errors, improve product quality and increase productivity
- Adhere to production schedule by establishing priorities, assigning personnel to work areas, monitoring progress, making personnel/priority adjustments, resolving line constraint problems, and reporting results through shift production summaries
- Plan, oversee and document training of personnel
- Conduct annual employee performance reviews
- Work closely with purchasing, planning and warehouse teams to ensure material availability and schedule adherence
- Maintain working relationship with local union by following the terms of the collective bargaining agreement
- Liason between Manufacturing and Engineering
- Support performance measurement and documentation of manufacturing processes
- Identify and support continuous improvement projects
- Support digitalization efforts to implement tools such as Digital Work Instructions, Operator Displays, Performance/Status Dashboards, and other connected tools
- Lead Annual Physical Inventory
What you need:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is strongly desired but will consider those with alternative degree with applicable experience.
2. 2 plus years’ experience as a manufacturing supervisor preferred but would consider someone without leadership experience with the right mindset.
3. Experience working on manufacturing projects to improve safety, quality, delivery reliability and cost savings projects.
4. Proficiency in data collection and analysis.
5. Ability to interpret or learn to interpret engineering drawings and schematics.
6. Excellent Project Management and Time Management skills.
7. Experience MS Office.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
1. Lean manufacturing techniques are preferred.
2. Experience with SAP or similar MRP system
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .