Software Quality Assurance Engineer - Advanced
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
As a member of the HEEDS development team, test analysts participate in all aspects of the product release process. In release planning, test analysts develop a test plan and schedule for validating new features. During the development cycle test analysts are collaborating with the development team on feature readiness and defect tracking. They also review acceptance criteria and identify opportunities to improve the product robustness and code coverage. Test analysts coordinate all validation activities to prepare the product for customer delivery. The quality assurance team has primary responsibility for product robustness. As a test analyst you will perform both manual and automated testing. Some test automation maintenance will be necessary. While you do not need to be a strong coder to be successful in this job, some Python or similar experience will be an advantage. To be most effective the successful candidate will have a working knowledge of computer aided engineering (CAE), and preferably have some experience with one or more popular industry tools (such as Star-CCM+, Simcenter 3D, Abaqus, LS-DYNA, Autodesk products, or similar). We are looking for test analysts that are highly motivated, strong communicators, personable, and respectful when dealing with others.
Job responsibilities :
· Participate in the feature design meetings to help create the test plan for new features
· Execute the test plan with both automated and manual testing to ensure robust implementation of new features
· Write bug reports for discovered defects; validate resolution
· Evaluate potential for new test cases to enhance code coverage as part of our continuous improvement commitment
· Create detailed documentation for the test cases
· Follow established quality assurance processes
· BS/MS degree in Computer Science and/or an Engineering discipline
· CAE experience, or experience with CAD (e.g. NX, CATIA, Creo, STAR-CCM+, Nastran, Amesim, LSDYNA, Dymola, etc.)
· Experience with TestLink, HP ALM, or some other test case repository
· Experience with Redmine, JIRA, Mingle, or another issue management system
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Knowledge of Jenkins or Hudson
· Experience with Python
· Working knowledge of Windows\Windows Server Operating Systems
· Working knowledge of Linux Operating Systems
· Experience with Agile development practices
· Experience using virtual machines
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .