Siemens Large Drives Business Unit in New Kensington, PA, is seeking a self-motivated Administrative Assistant to support our Production Department. This position works with a variety of team members to provide support, resources and tools that deliver extraordinary service to our internal and external customers. You should be highly organized, detailed oriented and capable of multi-tasking while still maintaining focus. The successful candidate for this position will have a positive demeanor with an open approach to continuously improve activities and processes.
Although no two days are exactly alike, most days, you'll do some or all of the following;
· Support Key Process Indicators (KPI) for the Production Team regarding efficiency, utilization, overtime usage.
· Build, manage and troubleshoot purchase requisitions.
· Develop slides and support for Production Meetings
· Coordinate and Manage the Training Database
· Manage on-boarding of new employees to include setting up their computer and ensuring they have all equipment and information to start work on day one.
· Craft employee internal communications, including organization announcements, email notifications and all employee meetings.
· Managing schedule for department heads and schedule departmental resources such as meetings, appointments, rooms and equipment.
· Compose and edit complex memos, spreadsheets, reports, presentations, correspondence, organization charts and other documents as needed.
· Utilize corporate e-tools for booking travel, processing expenses, ordering supplies, purchase orders and work hours. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
What should you know and have done to be successful?
· High Level of integrity and excellent interpersonal skills.
· Ability to multitask and handle a high volume of work accurately.
· Excellent verbal and writing skills.
· Ability to work within a team environment.
· Excellent follow-up skills
· MS Office, MS Outlook, Excel, SharePoint, SAP (or equivalent MRP system) etc.
· Understands company’s organization, processes, tools and policies with ability to resolve issues Requirements:
· High School Diploma or GED required, Associate's or Bachelor's degree a plus
· Requires excellent interpersonal skills and project coordination experience
· Experience working well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as vendors
· Strong digital literacy and experience with a variety of software packages including Microsoft Office suite and SharePoint
· SAP knowledge is helpful but not required.
· Excellent time leadership skills and task prioritization
· Ability to effectively handle multiple activities at a time and meet defined deadlines
· Self starter able to complete assigned tasks with minimal direction
· Initiative to continuously improve tasks and/or automate for efficiency
At Siemens, we live and nurture an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? Apply now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .