We are looking for a well-organized, motivated team-player to join our San Diego or\Sacramento team. Reporting to the office supervisor, the administrative assistant supports a busy leadership team with administration, documentation, scheduling, financial expense support, meeting coordination, minute taking, and special projects.
The role requires great skills in communication and prioritization to appropriately manage a wide variety of functions required to keep our busy team operating successfully.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
· Work with legal team to manage contracts: route contracts for signatures, run reports to track contracts’ status, maintain non-disclosure agreements, improve associated processes when opportunities arise.
· Manage Certificate of Insurance requests.
· Schedule and organize activities such as meetings, travel, conferences, and department events for the members of the leadership team.
· Act as point of contact for fleet administration for our roles that require participation in the Siemens Vehicle Plan.
· Be the point of contact for local safety planning and information.
· Organize and prioritize large volumes of information and communication.
· Field and answer all business-related questions, seeking assistance from subject matter experts from within and outside of our branch as necessary.
· Work on special projects.
· Order stationery, office materials and office hardware.
· Reconcile directors’ expense and travel reports
· Organize and maintain shared drives to assure efficiency and coordination of data.
· Prepare and design charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc. Proofread copy for spelling, grammar, and layout, making appropriate changes so that that the final copy is accurate and clear.
· Support the leadership team with the proficient use of software, including MS Office, SRM (indirect purchase orders), EZ-X (Expenses), aspects of SAP (ERP system), recruitment software, SharePoint etc.
· Demonstrate excellent project- and time-management skills to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
· Use interpersonal and communication skills to build relationships with stakeholders.
· Utilize their strong problem solving and planning skills.
· Work flexible hours as needed to accomplish tasks.
· Work well in a highly matrixed organization, and with managers and employees of all levels to advising on, gather, prepare and vet material in a poised and tactful manner.
· Manage a team of administrative assistants who provide support to business teams in the branch.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
Required experience: Successful experience providing the type of administrative support needed by our branch.
Required travel: 5%
Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Proficiency with MS Office suite and the aptitude to quickly master additional software programs related to administrative support.
Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
Competitive salary based on qualifications
Health, dental, and vision plans with options
Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
Paid parental leave
Company cell phone and laptop
Extensive product training and professional career development
Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .