· Reston, Virginia
Organization: Siemens Government
Business Unit: Finance
Requisition Number: 246521
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Reston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens Government Technologies, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Siemens, uniquely qualified to perform work for the U.S. Government. We are focused on enhancing the safety and
security of the nation's assets and infrastructure, as well as assisting to improve operational and energy performance.
As an independent U.S. company with its own Board of Directors, SGT maintains a unique relationship with Siemens. We are able to leverage resources of professionals world-wide with demonstrated domain expertise and proven past performance to manage large scale, mission critical programs. The future of SGT is bright. By integrating world-class people, process, products and technology, SGT is expanding its role as an important part of our nation's
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, along with the opportunity to grow your career with a well established
For further information, please visit: http://www.siemensgovt.com/
Accounts Payable Accountant
Siemens Government Technologies (SGT) is seeking an Accounts Payable Accountant to schedule and process vendor invoices, including subcontractor and consultant invoices in compliance with company policies and procedures in our Reston, VA office.
· Identify and plan for all standard, recurring accounts payable items and ensure timely payment
· Review and process Accounts Payable items in a timely manner, interacting with both internal and external customers
· Perform, review and process employee travel and expense reports in the Deltek Costpoint Time and Expense system
· Conduct audits to ensure policies are followed and payments are processed to American Express and employees in accordance with due dates
· Ensure accuracy and audit compliance of travel expenses related to Time and Expense policy
· Assist in managing corporate travel card program; perform GL reconciliations per assigned accounts and various other ad-hoc projects
· Respond to inquiries made by employees and other organizations
· Track customer payments and post to appropriate accounts
· Set-up and maintain supplier and vendor files
· Perform weekly AP check and EFT disbursements
· Ensure proper coding and authorization on all cash disbursements
· Support month end and year end close process
· Contribute to building a reputation through delivering superior customer service to all internal and external customers
· Assist with other projects as needed.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; plus a minimum of 3 years of accounts payable experience
· Costpoint experience required, Costpoint 7 preferred
· Advanced Excel skills (Intermediate level)
· Ability to handle deadline pressure, focus on multiple tasks simultaneously, and prioritize work assignments
· Ability to work additional hours during peak times
· Must work independently and complete duties and projects with minimum supervision
· Must be a team player with a strong work ethic
· High degree of attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, including accuracy with high volume data entry
· Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
· Effectively communicate with all levels of employees, both written and verbal, in a professional manner
· Must have a thorough understanding of the entire accounts payable process
· Not required but helpful is experience using Concur Travel & Expense tool, as well as OnBase Process Management Software
Candidate must be a US citizen and have the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, if later required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,Click here .
Can't find what you are looking for?
Let's stay connected
Can't find what you are looking for?
US Only:Review Accommodations for Disability
© Siemens AG, 1996 – 2019