At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Here at Siemens Digital Industries Software we are looking for a Business development representative to join us.
The candidate will work directly with the sales team in an assigned region (Belgium/ Netherlands / Luxembourg), to identify, penetrate, and cultivate new business opportunities. As the Business Development Representative, you will be expected to carry out prospecting activities including account research, cold calling, and social selling to qualify and develop new business opportunities on the front line for the sales team.
You will be responsible for setting up sales meetings (face to face or virtual), assisting in scheduling internal technical resources, proactively tracking customer activities, and updating sales teams on next steps for all new and developing opportunities.
You are highly proficient in verbal communication and coordination with internal organizations. As a Business development representative you are able to understand the key value proposition of the Siemens solutions and are able to articulate the value of a sales meeting to customers effectively.
Success in the position depends heavily on the candidate’s ability to build a trusted partnership with sales team, and to align the sales pursuit strategy around a dynamic list of suspect accounts for each portfolio solution.
· Conduct initial research on assigned suspect accounts to gather customer intelligence
· Prepare and make daily outbound phone calls / social messages into assigned target suspect accounts for prospecting new business
· Generate wider awareness within suspect accounts in products and services offered by Siemens through web, social media, e-mail and primarily phone interaction
· Enrich and profile Siemens internal CRM databases (Eloqua and SalesForce) to identify and follow up on new sales interest
· Follow-up all suspect account activities in a systematic format to continuously discover and develop sales pipeline opportunities for the sales team.
Marketing Campaign support
· Generate awareness within suspect accounts in specific Siemens portfolio(s) by aligning with marketing campaign messaging when prospecting.
· Ensure prospecting activities that are made in assigned target suspect accounts are tagged to most relevant portfolio campaigns
· This position requires an individual to interact comfortably with a large variety of roles: sales and marketing teams, existing customers, new prospects and industry specialists and at different levels of responsibility including technical, management and executive level.
· The ability to build relationships over the phone and remotely develop and drive new business is essential.
· The individual must be a good listener, articulate and have story-telling ability.
· Confident and persistent in cold calling/messaging methods into new target accounts
· Proven ability to open doors, and build relationships at all levels into any organization
· Able to grow existing accounts by identifying new divisions, new entities, and qualifying new additional prospects/contacts
· Able to think creatively and apply new ideas to overcome objections and barriers
· Works well in a sales team environment and has excellent communication skills
· Highly organized to manage a large volume of sales opportunities
· Proficient in using CRM systems (Salesforce)
· Ability to research and quickly formulate information into sales pitch
· Self-motivated and target driven
· +2 years’ experience in inside sales or direct sales roles and evidence of achieving annual $ target/quotas
· Experience in sales into Small/Medium Business market
· Dutch/Flemish and English is mandatory, and French speaking is preferred
· Engineering and or technical background is preferred
Belgium or the Netherlands
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software B.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time