Siemens Energy Management
How do you shape the future through engineering? We’re looking for the makers of tomorrow. The talented engineering students ready to shape the future of the Energy Management division at Siemens. In return, we’ll open the doors to the latest cutting-edge technologies – and give you the opportunity to use your skills and experience in an exciting real-world environment.
Siemens Energy Management operates in partnership with customers in the UK Electricity Supply Industry and Industrial markets providing them with individual solutions to any complex problem involving electrical power transmission.
With key locations in Manchester, Newcastle, Leeds and Nottingham the division delivers complete turnkey solutions that meet these demanding needs as it uniquely combines its own local experience with Siemens technology, leading-edge products and systems.
In addition, we also provide customers with tailor-made life cycle support for systems and plants.
More than ever, our daily life depends on electricity which is why Siemens invests around 3% of its annual revenue on Research and Development.
We are looking for engineering students to join our Transmission Solutions engineering department based in Manchester, a part of the Energy Management division, on a 12 month Internship programme. You will work closely with your placement manager who will assist with drawing up a personal development plan that lets your skills shine. This combines both personal and technical development, which will help you on the path to achieving Chartered Engineer or Incorporated Engineer status. The end goal? To equip yourself for your final year at university and ultimately into a responsible engineering role.
The key areas where you will develop knowledge and understanding are:
· conceptual design of transmission substations
· ensuring adherence to design specifications
· ensuring consistency with the Engineering Department's procedures
· attending design reviews
· attending appropriate technical meetings with the client either site or office based to ensure visual client satisfaction
· producing key diagrams for protection and control
· producing detailed schematic diagrams
· producing protection relay settings
Here’s what it takes to join some of the world’s brightest minds. You:
· Studying towards an M Eng or B Eng degree in Electrical & Electronic Engineering with a strong interest in Power Engineering.
· Are flexible, know how to connect with others and pride yourself on bringing positive, ideas to the team
· Enjoy jumping in and, with support from us, feel comfortable taking responsibility for tasks and projects you’ve been assigned
· Know how to manage your own time and adapt to change
· Want to succeed, aspire to excellence, and think outside the box
· Get along with people from different cultures, and are excited by the prospect of a challenge in engineering
Siemens provides innovative solutions to help tackle the UK’s major challenges. Siemens has a significant presence throughout the UK, with 13 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices. Today the company employs over 13,760 people in the UK, including about 5,000 in the manufacturing sector. Last year’s revenues were £3.36 billion. Electrification, automation and digitalization are the long-term growth fields of Siemens. In order to take full advantage of the market potential in these fields, our businesses are bundled into nine divisions and healthcare as a separately managed business.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
If you are appointed in to this role you will receive standard Siemens terms, conditions and benefits.