Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2019, which ended on September 30, 2019, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.9 billion and had around 36,800 employees worldwide.
We want to join to our Signalling Sales Team, a Sales Manager.
The Sales Manager position will be responsible for contributing to the developing of new business in the Signaling market, exploiting market opportunities and creating demand.
- Bid factory for bid preparation
- BU RI (HQ and Local), as has to be familiar with systems and solutions.
- Engineering, Procurement, BA, etc.
• External customers:
- Customers based on the region: Public Administration, state owned companies, civil construction private companies and project integrators companies
- Partners, Consortiums and Competitors, suppliers.
• Customer interface
- Acts as the main interface between the customer and Siemens Rail Automation, providing the support needed to address customer issues.
- Responsible for developing a network of relationships within the national railways, governments at national, regional and local level, and regional private sector investors.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with customers and suppliers to identify opportunities for delivery of Signaling portfolio to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Establish commercial agreements with appropriate partners that may be required (e.g. installation partners) from time to time.
- Manage the relationship with people who lead projects supporting the company-customer relationship, ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Manage the relationship with the Sales Manager of other BU’s for proper coordination and business development.
• Sales management
- Provides feedback to Sales Head, other departments as well as Headquarters about relevant facts and events in the Market including customer´s trends and strategies, customer feedback for the company, competition, upcoming bids and projects, technology evolution, etc.
- Develops markets by analyzing their potential, defining successful markets entry strategies for new systems/products, gathering all relevant information on markets upcoming tenders.
- Elaborates strategic plans to develop the business.
- Steering of Sales activities; building lasting customer relationships in cooperation with other areas.
- Prospects relationships with other market players such as partners, competitors, subcontractors, etc. in order to establish Sales and Commercial strategies to face the market tenders and requirements.
- Manages the overall bid process for tenders in the Region, helping with the winning strategy and pricing decisions and supporting the LoA process, etc.
- Follows up the Sales results and analyzing the deviation from plans.
- Represents the company in forums, events and associations when needed.
• Collaboration with other teams
- Collaborates with multiple employees in the Sales team, typically several levels of managers, across one or more major functional areas, groups and/or operations.
- Develops a fluent and collaborative relationship with the Bid team and BA to build high quality and timely tenders.
- Supports the Procurement Department and Project Management Department during the first stages of new contracts.
• Continuous improvement
- Commitment to develop expertise and knowledge by applying improvements on standards, systems and processes within Sales Management.
- Deep experience in Sales an Bidding Processes in Railway Signaling Sector.
- Detailed knowledge of key players within the organization including: Project Management, Application Engineering, R&D, Procurement and Business Administration.
- Hands on management of cost estimation tools, and KPIs controlling.
- Demonstrates advanced management skills, motivation and performance management.
- Technical knowledge of Westrace I/L, ERTMS, CBTC and Rail 9000 Control Center, including architectures, functionality and performance.
- Broad technical knowledge in Rail Automation competitor´s systems and components.
- Installed base in Spanish market
- Proficient spoken and written English.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Travel required.
• Business experience
- At least 3 years business experience gained in technical departments within an Engineering Industry
- At least 3 years of experience in providing winning offers in national markets.
• Organizational experience
- At least 3 years of experience in managing and leading groups directly or indirectly, with interaction with multiple business partners.
- Bachelor´s Degree in Engineering.
Soft Skills & Competences
• Customer Focus
• Business Acumen
• Organizational Agility
• Drive for Results
• Strategic Agility
• Managing vision and purpose
• Dealing with Ambiguity
• Engage people
• Managerial Courage
• Develop for the future
Siemens aboga por la igualdad de oportunidades entre mujeres y hombres, así como en la Diversidad como fuente de creatividad e innovación. Contar con diferentes tipos de talento y de experiencias nos hace ser más competitivos y estar mejor preparados para responder con éxito a las demandas de la Sociedad. Por ello, valoramos a las candidatas y a los candidatos que reflejen la Diversidad que disfrutamos en nuestra Compañía y animamos la cobertura de puestos por mujeres y hombres en ocupaciones que se encuentren subrepresentadas.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY, S.L.U.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time