Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
· Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
· Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
· Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
· Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
· Competitive total rewards package.
· Profit sharing available.
· Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
· Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
· Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
· Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
· Employee perks and discounts.
· Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019.
What will you do?
Portfolio Companies is a new and growing group of entities within the Siemens family. We are looking for an analytical talent to join our team. As Junior Financial Analyst, you will play an important role in all aspects of the financial operations and thereby, all areas of the business. This a great opportunity to collaborate and learn from other senior members, while enhancing your overall skills and experience.
· Perform Month End Closing and Reporting tasks, including but not limited to Journal Entries (JE) preparations, JE approvals, continuous review Financial Results (P&L and B/S)
· Prepare Month End financial and management reports
· Co-ordinate the preparation of the annual budget/financial forecasting and report variances
· Review of WIP, Inventory, Assets
· Review of Accounts Receivables, liaison with credit department for collection of overdue receivables
· Design and improve financial models, recommending best practices and implementing improved processes and modifying or re-engineering where applicable
· Assist with the system administration as required (Signature Authorization Levels, Purchasing system approval matrix, Profit and Cost Center structure, etc.)
· Liaise with and provide support to various disciplines (FSS, OneSRM, EZ Suite, Helpdesks, etc.) linked to the financial systems
· Identify and resolve more complex problems and apply problem-solving skills in order to deal with the situation.
· Collaborate with intercultural and international team-based environments.
What will you need to succeed?
· Undergraduate degree in Business/ Commerce
· Hold or currently pursuing Canadian accounting designation i.e. CPA (Chartered Professional Accountant)
· Minimum 2 years of full-time experience in a similar role
· Experience with budgeting, forecasting, financial project controlling, and assets management
· Proficiency / advanced skills with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Power Point are essential
· Asset: Experience with SAP and Qlik Software
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca .
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca .