Mendix is on a mission to enable anyone in any organization – from the marketing coordinator to the software developer to the CEO – to create things that are transformational for their company. We are fundamentally reinventing the way applications are created and we’re reinventing the future of software development. Sounds ambitious, right? We agree.
Not to brag, but nearly 4,000 organizations worldwide, including KLM, Medtronic, Merck, and Philips, rely on Mendix to build web and mobile applications. Thousands of our customers use our platform to delight their clients and empower their employees. It’s no surprise that we’re a recognized Leader by Gartner and Forrester in a red-hot market expected to exceed $21 billion by 2022. Ok, maybe we did want to brag a little. But we’re proud of what we’ve accomplished…and…we’re humble enough to admit that we need you to make us even more effective.
· Being part of our Expert Services team responsible for Customer Success and will work closely with our architects, R&D teams and product managers.
· Leading our customers in the design and configuration of the Mendix low-code platform in a cloud or on-premises environment of their choice.
· Being able to assess, discuss and consult customers on the business purpose, cost implications, performance requirements, scalability considerations and continuous delivery implications of different cloud or hybrid cloud options.
· Understand and advice customers on the security and compliancy measures necessary to deliver an efficient, secure and cost-effective cloud platform.
· Assisting our customers in the selection of containerization platforms and CI/CD automation tooling, while also supporting them in the actual hands-on implementations of such solutions.
· Playing the crucial role of customer advocate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders such as Cloud architects, DevOps team members, Solution Architects and CIOs.
· Conducting research into new technologies in the Cloud space that may benefit Mendix in the fast-evolving areas of cloud, CI/CD, DevOps and deployment automation.
· Building reference architectures and other reusable content that can be shared with our partner eco-system and development community.
· Getting trained in the Mendix App Platform and coached in our state of the art Mendix Cloud architecture and its deployment and integration possibilities.
· 5+ years hands-on experience designing or implementing distributed applications in Java or .NET
· 2+ years of experience with container technologies like Kubernetes, Docker or PaaS (e.g. Cloud Foundry)
· Understanding of cloud-native design and agile software delivery principles
· Experience with one or more development frameworks such as Spring/Java, Ruby/Rails, .NET Core/C#/ ASP.NET/WCF , or Go and messaging and database systems (e.g. Kafka, RabbitMQ, RDBMS, NoSQL)
· Familiar with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins
· Experience with modern software build tools including Maven, Gradle, and Bundler
· Experience in service mesh technologies such as Istio and Envoy
· Certified Kubernetes Application Developer certification from the Cloud Native Computing Foundation
· Experience with Cloud technology solutions and/or running and supporting large complex systems at scale.
· Experience with cloud storage solutions, SQL database administration, Cloud networking solutions and/or distributed computing technology.
· Demonstrated understanding of web development protocols (e.g., HTML5, AJAX, XML, JSON, RFCs 2109/2965, 1945/2616).
· Understanding of Linux system administration.
· Understanding of Unix/Linux or Windows systems from kernel to shell and beyond, including system libraries, file systems and client-server protocols.
· Excellent network administration and troubleshooting skills.
Our Guiding Principles
While we live on different continents, speak different languages, and work on different things, we are bound by our “MendixBlue” guiding principles. Being “MendixBlue” means that you live the culture, and you consistently improve it as we grow. It’s kind of a big deal.
We put the customer first . Without our customers, we have no business. So, if you act in the best interest of our customers, always…you belong here.
We think big . We work to have a meaningful, lasting impact on the world. So, if you aim high and think long term…you belong here.
We innovate . We want to be what happens next. So, if you ask “what if?” and work to find a way or make one…you belong here.
We nurture talent . We look, not just at the sum of what an individual has done, but at the potential of who they can be. So, if you’re up for learning from your failures…you belong here.
We hear every voice . Inflated egos don’t last here, humility does. So, if you share credit and ensure that the best ideas win – regardless of who they come from…you belong here.
We own it . If something needs doing, we do it. So, if you focus on the outcome, and take initiative to get it done…you belong here.
We have fun . We use laughter as a common language. We can ask for help and we’re happy to give it. So, if you find joy and purpose in what you do…you belong here.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But you’ll find one at Mendix. We are at a pivotal time in our company’s existence: where rapid growth meets stable funding. This is the time for industrious people to raise their hands to solve the next generation of problems. Mendix is a place where ambitious people can thrive; where you can identify an issue, propose a solution, and build the structure to make it happen.
Important to know: Mendix is a Siemens business, which means we’re backed by the resources and stability of one of the world’s largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim has been to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. That’s why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. With offices in the Netherlands, the UK, Germany, and the US, (and more coming), we provide an international playground to truly impact the world through low-code.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .