Make the most of your energy in a career at Schneider Electric
Ranked as a Top 25 Employer to work for by LinkedIn, Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation. With revenues of ~€25 billion in FY2016, our 144,000+ employees serve customers in over 100 countries, helping them to manage their energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Our connected technologies reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. At Schneider Electric, we call this Life Is On.
Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric:
Schneider Electric has a great opportunity for you to join our team as a Tendering Engineer based in Scarborough.
You will provide customers with quotations, together with support on product selection, price and delivery. Liaise with the commercial activity and appropriate internal departments, to ensure maximum benefits to the Company and its customers in terms of margin, service and response.
· Prepare quotations to customer’s requirements.
· Ensure the specifications of equipment meets with the customers’ requirements and needs
· Ensure that the offer is provided within the customers required timescales
· Educated to HNC level or equivalent in an Engineering discipline.
· Good communication skills – essential for both internal and external contacts
· A team player with self-motivation, initiative, flexibility and prepared to work to strict deadlines
· Commercial knowledge & experience
· Customer Focussed
· Fully conversant in Contract/Project Management
· Technical knowledge (electrical)
· Must be fully aware of safe working practices in respect of your own well-being, the well-being of others and the protection of equipment.
· Computer Literate (competent in Microsoft Word & Excel)
· Detailed working knowledge of Switchgear, protection and control schemes and associated plant.
· Experience in the Low Voltage Switchgear Market.
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
We are always open to a conversation around flexible working.
Please submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
You know about us, so let us learn about you! Apply today.