At Schneider Electric, we create connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk . We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
The Residential Controls business within the Schneider Electric group is a global provider of smart products used to control heating, hot water, humidity and cooling in domestic and small commercial installations. The business is investing in new product design, market expansion and further development of existing markets. In particular, the business has recently launched an exciting new range of Internet and cloud-connected smart products to exploit the opportunities provided by the rapid growth of the Internet of Things (IoT).
Most of the product range is manufactured at facilities in Plymouth, UK under the Drayton brand and in Nuremberg, Germany as Eberle Controls. We also have design, development and support teams in Plymouth and Maidenhead.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a test and automation engineer focussing initially on testing native mobile applications on iOS and Android platforms. This role will develop in line with our automation roadmap into a wider role involving development of an automation framework around the integrated end to end system.
This role can be based in our Plymouth or Maidenhead offices.
Initially the role will be responsible for developing and executing software and system test activities for the native mobile app controlling our new and existing Internet-Connected products. You will be working in the Design Engineering function as part of the test organisation in an agile development environment, with an initial focus on ensuring quality of the mobile app and the services associated with it. You will perform early testing of mobile app working closely with the app development team, as well as with the wider development teams to help facilitate pre-integration and new feature testing.
At Schneider Electric we design and manufacture connected home products and services that include the physical products that go in our customers’ homes, the apps they use and the cloud-hosted software that make it all work well together. You will be working within a cross-functional development team that consists of app developers, cloud service developers and architects, electronics design engineers, mechanical and product designers, embedded software and manufacturing teams.
Specific accountabilities include :
· Designing, scripting, developing and executing software and end-to-end system tests with an initial focus on the native mobile app.
· To provide test expertise and support to cross-functional development teams to facilitate responsive feedback on new features and system deliverables
· To help perform pre-integration and integration testing in close collaboration with the development teams
· To support in-field testing and trials
· To develop tests that maximise test coverage within the mobile application and at a system level
· To work closely with development teams to provide test input and support to developers and to support problem solving activities
· To maintain links with the quality and support teams to assist in the resolution of in-field issues
Your key responsibilities:
· To perform thorough system, software and pre-integration testing on the mobile application and providing the necessary feedback in a clear and concise manner in appropriate timescales
· Working within cross-disciplinary project teams to demonstrate system behaviour for acceptance
· To maintain a customer focus at all times and drive rapid feedback on product behaviours through system testing
· To develop and own the software test solution for a development scrum team
· Plan and execute end-to-end system testing across a mixture of manual and automated tests
· Previous experience or a strong interest in test automation and a desire to develop in that area
· Previous testing experience/knowledge with a proven track record in the areas of systems, software and ideally mobile application testing. If no previous mobile app testing experience a keen interest in that area will be required.
· Experience of Behaviour Driven Development or a willingness to learn
· Test automation experience of native mobile apps or a willingness to learn and help develop an automation framework around mobile platforms
· Experience in working in agile development environments, including Scrum
· Experience with scripting tests for automation and integrating with software build tools (e.g. TeamCity, Jenkins) or a willingness to learn
· A professional attitude with good interpersonal skills
· Experience of working as part of a project team. A team player, comfortable engaging proactively with teams across the business
· Experience and/or awareness of the Systems/Software engineering lifecycle
· A robust and tenacious self-starter
Desirable requirements :
· Experience with test framework development
· Experience with Appium, Xamarin or other test automation tools
· Experience in working in Scaled Agile development environment
· Interest in energy management or smart home systems
· Cloud platform testing experience
· Previous experience with connected service testing
· German/French language proficiency
This is a great opportunity to join Schneider Electric and power your career! You will be joining an international, dynamic, and responsible company, with an enviable reputation in the market. Schneider fosters the development of all its’ people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice – apply now online.
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organization, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognize that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
We are open to a conversation about flexible working.
System test, systems testing, automated testing, behaviour driven development, behave, software testing, embedded firmware testing, quality, connected home, smart home, Internet of Things, IoT, App testing, embedded systems, SDET, Software Development Engineer in Test
About Schneider Electric
Groupe industriel français fondé en 1838 par les frères Schneider, le groupe Schneider est renommé Schneider Electric en 1999 soulignant ainsi son expertise dans le domaine de l’électricité. Ses activités reparties entre la distribution électrique, l’automatisme et contrôles industriels, l’énergie sécurisée et les automatismes du bâtiment lui ont permis de dégager un chiffre d’affaires de 23,6 milliards d’euros en 2013.
En plus de son siège social situé à Rueil-Malmaison, la direction est répartie sur deux autres pôles, l’un à North Andover aux Etats-Unis, le second à Hong Kong. En 170 ans d’existence, Schneider Electric a su étendre son expertise à l’international et vend ses produits sur quatre marchés principaux : bâtiment, industrie, énergie-infrastructure et résidentiel.
Entreprise innovante et responsable, parmi les principaux clients du groupe se trouve : les infrastructures pétrolières, la Marine, les tableautiers mais aussi les constructeurs de machines et d’équipements. La philosophie du groupe : Make the most of your Energy.