Schneider Electric has an opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer Intern in our Lexington, KY location.
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment. https://youtu.be/4EtpkB0cuXE
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
· Work with other members of the team to evaluate lean processes by applying Manufacturing Time Definition and Value analysis to identify opportunities for manufacturing operations improvement.
· Capture business value through leading continual improvement activities through best-in-class methodologies, such as Kaizen Blitz and A3 problem solving
· Gain exposure to Schneider Performance System framework and methodology to gain skills as a leader in business transformation and change leadership
· Gain a working understanding of facility operations through exposure to cross functional teams and projects in an advanced, highly-automated facility
· Apply classroom theory to a real-world application in a manufacturing setting while also learning and implementing new innovations and technology
· Work independently while partnering with the onsite manufacturing engineers, production personnel, and support staff
· Work in a fast-paced, fun, and inclusive environment while gaining exposure and experience in manufacturing engineering and project management
· Drive ownership & accountability to project activities for key team members
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
· Actively enrolled in an Engineering degree program: Industrial, Mechanical, or Supply Chain
· The ability to influence and convince and maintain open mind to other ideas and approaches
· Strong verbal, written communication skills, and presentation skills
· The ability to accept and incorporate constructive criticism
· Local candidates preferred as this role will not offer relocation
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.