Schneider Electric has an opportunity for a virtual Data Learning Intern in Illinois. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a global team in Data & Performance to develop and deploy a new learning offer to upskill Schneider Electric employees in the world of data.
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
“ Data & Performance ” mission is to foster Group strategy execution leveraging data as an enabler for performance management .
The “ Data ” streams focus on building and enhancing data foundations, work to connect data, break data silos in order to share one single & trusted version of data across the Group. Our ambition is to raise the overall Data Maturity of Schneider strategic.
The “Performance” streams aim at leveraging this data environment to define, enhance or revisit the performance models and publish related power metrics.
Within that scope, Data & Performance is preparing to launch a data upskilling program aiming to provide learning material and learning paths across Schneider Electric, targetting specific data related job roles first.
The position reports to the Global Data Learning Leader.
What do you get to do in this position?
· Assist the global learning lead in planning and executing a detailed project plan.
· Interact with global team members and learn how to appreciate cultural differences in a business environment
· Learn how to work in an agile/SCRUM environment, by assisting with agendas, weekly calls and meeting minutes
· Research competencies specific to data job roles
· Organize learning content and review learning materials for quality
· Create status powerpoint slides
· Maintain Sharepoint site containing existing learning offers and explore other hosting platforms
· Work with learning lead to develop and deliver special events, such as lunch and learns, learning weeks, etc
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
· You are a current student looking to gain general business, data and /or talent development human resources experience
· You are creative and enjoy working in a fast-paced, agile environment
· You are curious about working with global teams
· You are skilled in MS ppt, Word and xls
· You are organized and pay attention to details
· You are a self-starter who is comfortable working in a mostly remote environment
· You are a strong communicator and bring innovative ideas to the table
· You have a passion for learning!
· Requested languages : English fluent
· Personal abilities or skills: Strong oral and written communication skills in English, including presentation skills; Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones and cultures to foster a cohesive and creative work environment; Proactivity and ability to work with multiple stakeholders.
This position is located in the greater Chicago, IL USA area. As permitted by COVID restrictions and office availability, intern and global learning lead will meet in person on occasion.
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.