The Schneider Electric Digital Grid Division is growing and has an outstanding opportunity for a motivated individual to assume the role of Sales Engineer. Schneider Electric provides utility solutions on top of Esri’s ArcGIS Pro and Enterprise platform, and this person will specialize in demonstrating the ArcFM XI Solution to existing and prospective customers. Primary responsibilities will also include the configuration and management of various Sales Engineering databases and software, including Esri GIS desktop, server, and mobile applications.
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
· Development and presentation of in-person and online demonstrations of ArcFM software to meet client requirements, occasionally to large audiences, in English and French
· Support European and/or North American conferences and demonstrations of software.
· Preparation and configuration of Esri geodatabases and map services based on demonstration requirements.
· Help promote the ArcFM XI solution to utilities and business partners.
· Work closely with the account management team as well as business partners.
· Work closely with the product development team to review product functionality and direction
· This position will require travel, within North America and Europe. Travel will typically not exceed 25% but extended travel with relatively short notice does occur. One to two weeks travel time may occur.
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
· Technical fluency in French is required.
· BS degree in computer information systems, computer science, engineering, or geography. Relevant job experience will also be considered in lieu of a degree.
· Experience with ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Enterprise is required.
· Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills are required.
· Technical fluency in English is required.
· Experience with utilities or telecommunications is a plus.
· Experience with Latitude Geographic’s Geocortex application suite is a plus.
· Experience with commercial RDBMS such as Oracle and SQL Server is a plus.
· Ability to travel both within North America and Europe.
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers .
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.