Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
Financial business partner of LoB SVP, LoB controller, in collaboration with commercial and supply chain financial controller, drives the performance of the LoB and maximize the return on investment of offer creation, M&A or Divestment.
Work location: Andover, MA, USA
SCOPE and NETWORK ENVIRONMENT (entity, positioning in the organization, internal links, ...)
LoB controller reports hierarchically to Division Finance SVP, who reports to BU Finance SVP, functionally to LoB SVP. He/she is one of the management committee of LoB and drives the performance of LoB through deep understanding of business (topline and gross margin of different product ranges and offers) and can support strategy definition of LoB. He/she supports and challenges the R&D projects and M&A / divestment projects, contribute to « go/no go » decisions and maximizes the ROI. He/she supports LoB SVP to prioritize projects with resource restrictions. He/she measures investment efficiency through post sell analysis. He/she provides the true financial picture of LoB, put the internal control in place and make the process compliant with Division/Group rules.
· Contribute to define LoB strategy in all aspects (market view, competition, acquisitions, divestment, Business Model and go to market, channel strategy, intermediary customers, industrial set up) through financial insights on price positioning, value chain, cost to serve, cost competitiveness
· Build 3-5 years' strategic plan P&L
2. Drive the performance of Line of Business
· Overall P&L
· Provide variance analysis of orders, sales, backlog and gross margin of LoB by major country markets with inputs from commercial finance controller and supply chain controller
· Propose and monitor action levers to improve GM of LoB.
· Competitiveness of existing offer
· Provide financial support to analyse the competitiveness of existing offer vs similar offer and competitors' offer
· Price positioning
· Cost competitiveness trend through close monitoring of CSC evolution on start products.
· Cost to serve by go to market
· New offers
· Make sure the alignment of CSC between SCOP and those were validated
· Monitoring the impact on gross margin of new offer launch and forecast
3. Support & Challenge BCV / PMP / PEP / M&A or divestment business case
· Support and challenge the business assumption
· Validate the ROI calculation and sensitivity analysis
· Lead risk analysis throughout the R&D project life and make capi / no capi and impair / no impair decisions
· Validate the update of the business case for each stage gate / key events
· Contribute to “go/no go” decision at each stage
· In some cases, supervise financial aspects of all contracts of cooperation & co-development with ww players
· Complete Onyx assumptions
4. Measure investment efficiency through post sell
· Initiate the request to amortize Capi by wave
· Participate Post sell review
· Analyze variance on Topline, GM of Postsell vs Commitments and Forecast
· Identify the action levers with Management team, interact with peers (eg: Finance commercial) to define and implement actions to improve the Postsell performance
· Provide data to support impairment testing
· In case of Capex impairment risk, influence the creation of a task force with commercial/engineering/Industrial leader to avoid impairment; if without success, achieve agreement with GSC on the amount to be booked
· Share best practice and lessons learned with PMO, marketing and other stakeholders.
5. Manage cashout
· Manage LoB Cash out
· Be responsible of the good control of LoB cash out as a whole and make the forecast
· Be responsible of LoB technical resource stand rate calculation and explanation of residuals
· Contribute to the arbitration between residual and PEP budget.
· Manage cash out per project
· Setting budget per project per resource center together with PMO
· Be responsible of the control of actual spent on project vs budget and its variance explanation
· Be responsible of the forecast of cash out on project
· Contribute to prioritization decision 6. Other responsibilities
· Ensure the internal control compliance with Group / BU / Division guideline
· Provide financial support on technical risk and other legal issues
· Be responsible for correct monthly accounts closing of LoB and daily project administration
· Contribute to continuous improvement transversal projects of LoB and Finance function
· Other tasks, such as team management, ROI trainer and best practice sharing
· In some cases, manage the operational entities reporting to LoB
This job might be for you if:
Engineering / Business School degrees
Strong background ( > 10 years)
· Business understanding
· Analytical but always have a global picture
· Change management
· Cross cultural
· Business commitment in financial controlling, with FO or GSC experience; ideally with some marketing experience
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Here are some other vacancies your might like
About Schneider Electric
Groupe industriel français fondé en 1838 par les frères Schneider, le groupe Schneider est renommé Schneider Electric en 1999 soulignant ainsi son expertise dans le domaine de l’électricité. Ses activités reparties entre la distribution électrique, l’automatisme et contrôles industriels, l’énergie sécurisée et les automatismes du bâtiment lui ont permis de dégager un chiffre d’affaires de 23,6 milliards d’euros en 2013.
En plus de son siège social situé à Rueil-Malmaison, la direction est répartie sur deux autres pôles, l’un à North Andover aux Etats-Unis, le second à Hong Kong. En 170 ans d’existence, Schneider Electric a su étendre son expertise à l’international et vend ses produits sur quatre marchés principaux : bâtiment, industrie, énergie-infrastructure et résidentiel.
Entreprise innovante et responsable, parmi les principaux clients du groupe se trouve : les infrastructures pétrolières, la Marine, les tableautiers mais aussi les constructeurs de machines et d’équipements. La philosophie du groupe : Make the most of your Energy.