At Schneider, we believe access to energy and digital is a basic human right. We empower all to make the most of their energy and resources, ensuring Life Is On everywhere, for everyone, at every moment.
We provide energy and automation digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability. We combine world-leading energy technologies, real-time automation, software and services into integrated solutions for Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
We are committed to unleash the infinite possibilities of an open, global, innovative community that is passionate about our Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values.
We are looking for a Commissioning Technician to join our Team and to look after our Exeter region.
· To install and commission solutions as part of the customer orders incorporating the software, graphics, installation and commissioning of building management control systems and third-party integration
· To maintain and develop relationships with new & existing customers so that we become their trusted expert in all aspects of works
The tasks involved in this role include (but are not limited to) the following:
· To ensure a safe and healthy working environment for themselves and others, at office or site locations. Operating to site requirements, Project Method statements and risk assessments, Schneider electric Health & Safety Systems
· To carry out site surveys and to prepare accurate pre-sales information for our internal bid team
· To assist the Account Manager and Bid Team with the preparation of sales offers and complex system proposals and to carry out sales to project handovers
· Pre-commission control panels and field devices onto new and existing systems and to commission controllers, networks and field devices into a complete control system
· Liaise with and integrate third party systems onto existing systems
· To write and commission controller software through to the Graphical User Interface
· To configure and commission graphics
· Document the commissioning progress, site reports and assist with Operations & Maintenance manuals
· Handover and demonstrate the completed system to customer/consultant and to aid supervision of the installation and liaison with contractors
· To design and manage installations with the support of project managers and to support Schneider Electric and client support teams on new and existing projects
· Due to the nature of the role, background in electrical engineering or related subject is required
· Experience in a similar role would be advantageous, but on the job training will be provided
· Experience of working in a customer-focused environment
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Have a strong interest and passion in STEM (science, engineering, technology or mathematics)
· Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to Word, Excel and PowerPoint,
· Fluent English (Written and Verbal)
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity.
We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration.
We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve.
As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
We are always open to a conversation around flexible working.
Please submit an online application to be considered for any position with us.
This position will be posted until filled.
You know about us, so let us learn about you! Apply today.