Make the most of your energy in a career at Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation. With revenues of ~€27 billion in FY2015, our 144,000+ employees serve customers in over 100 countries, helping them to manage their energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Our connected technologies reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. At Schneider Electric, we call this Life Is On.
Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment. We're looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric:
Schneider Electric has a great opportunity for the right person to join our team as a BMS Tendering Engineer.
BMS Tendering Engineer is accountable for providing quotations to customers by utilising advanced and technical expertise to prepare quotation packages for large, complex projects. Coordinates bid strategy with outside sales representatives. Interprets complex customer requirements and offers solutions that maximise profitability and add value for the customer. Work with sales to create custom scopes of work to meet customer requirements.
1. Demonstrates extensive knowledge of BMS, applications and solutions.
2. Determines current and future customer needs and provides quotation for optimum delivery based on customer requirements.
3. Reviews customer specifications/drawings to ensure quote is technically compatible and competitive.
4. Understands, analyzes, documents, and communicates technical information to the Account Managers and engineering teams.
5. Serves as peer expert in Buildings and all other businesses, for proposal questions including complex technical issues and bid strategies.
6. Follows up on outstanding quotations to secure orders, improve quotation process and measure effectiveness through feedback.
7. Uses costing tools and technology to improve efficiency and accuracy
8. Survey and assess the requirements of the opportunity.
9. Adherence to the QMS system
10. Input all orders onto SAP and ensure all details pertaining to the opportunity including market, segment and sub segment are accurate and input in a timely manner with relevant documentation
The role is regional, mainly office based but there will be site visits and customer visit required. The role will cover the North of England
We are looking for a HND (or equivalent) or similar experience and qualifications to match specialism (BMS) and a first degree or equivalent in the engineering field. You will have significant experience in the building services industry and a level of understanding of industry techniques and current trends to increase customers experience and drive cost effective quotations.
You will need to have excellent numerical and literacy skills, good interpersonal skills, and customer orientation. You will have experience of involvement in bid meetings and experience of interactions with customers, solution architects, bid managers and account managers.
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
Please submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
You know about us, so let us learn about you! Apply today.