BMS Field Services TechnicianMake the most of your energy in a career at Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation. With revenues of ~€27 billion in FY2015, our 160,000+ employees serve customers in over 100 countries, helping them to manage their energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Our connected technologies reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. At Schneider Electric, we call this Life Is On.
Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment. We're looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric:
Schneider Electric has a great opportunity for the right person to join our team as a BMS Field Services Technician.
To deliver a BMS service to an allocated customer base in line with the corporate visions and values. Support, service, repair or replacement of Company products and associated instruments of other manufacturers.
1. Complete accurate reports of each visit, detailing all work carried out, dates and times of attendance and other recommendations and observations appropriate to the scope of each visit. Ensure that a copy of the report is presented to the clients at the end of the visit.
2. Provide field quotations for customers for repairs and improvement opportunities, and ensure efficient turn around of quotes and completion of work. Provide cover during times of absence/holiday and other duties as appropriate.
3. Ensure contact with your Regional office and Support Administrator.
4. Maintain operability of PC and software.
5. Maintain calibration of test equipment.
6. Ensure issued instruments and tools are in working condition; report any losses or breakages to Regional office in compliance with Health and Safety procedures.
7. Maximise profitable opportunities at every opportunity in a proficient manner to ensure sector growth requirements, liasing closely with Sales team where appropriate.
8. Resolve major technical problems at site level through appropriate Company channels.
9. Supervise and advise Engineers of a lower grade, as requested.
10. Use Company Computer to review and respond to email and requests on a daily basis.
11. Timesheets and paperwork to be completed in a timely manner by the end of each visit.
12. Form part of the 24 hour call out rota
13. Meet with client before leaving site to handover reports, gain signatures and discuss any remedial works that may be required.
14. Maintain site records and conform with any site regulations.
15. Maintain a smart and professional image, which is consummate with the role.
ONC/HNC Electrical Engineering;
Previous BMS experience and success in a similar support role;
Previous experience in HVAC controls industry;
Excellent communication skills;
Flexible and self motivated;
Smart and presentable;
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
Please submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
You know about us, so let us learn about you! Apply today.