Schneider Electric has an opportunity for an Assembly Process Engineer in our Franklin, TN location.
Individual responsibility covers everything from conception to full qualified line and process hand off to operations partners for new product development projects.
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
· Participate as a team of assembly engineering specialists to industrialize assembly processes for new product development
· Act as safety and health champion for New Product Development assembly outputs (peer review, ergonomic, environmental, quality…)
· Conduct DFA risk study / Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA) with Design Engineering assessing critical characteristics, risks, and developing mitigation plans
· Ensure assembly process deliverables are aligned with global assembly process practices
· Understand and modify automated equipment/machine specifications and their detailed designs and BOMs
· Identify portions of assembly process where automation will deliver solid benefit to cost tradeoff
· Understand and be able to modify if needed mechanical design drawings for electrical controls requirements (Creo)
· Modify PLC and HMI programs for automated equipment/machines
· Apply digital tools to assembly procedures, operator training
· Conduct financial assessment on the assembly process design based on unit volumes and maximizing return on capital employed
· Document the technical and generic specifications of the assembly process design including line layouts, station layouts, information management, capacity and workload balancing, preferred component usage, etc…
· Prepare an assembly value add target cost estimate based on costing models and use this to optimize the total cost and Industrial strategy decisions
· Participate in the supplier selection and contract review process with Purchasing for outsourced assemblies then monitor progress and lead the qualification of equipment when it's complete
· Obtain plant acceptance and provide the final sign-off on tool and process for project deliverables
· Stay current on developing trends in industry regarding assembly processes, methods, and competencies
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial Engineering or similar
· 3+ years of experience in assembly line development and deployment
· Experience with electrical and pneumatic systems
· Experience in a broad range of sub and final assembly processes
· Experience in a new product development environment or related stage gate process awareness
· Experience with digital tools for guided assembly (ex KL2, Uptale)
· Proven ability to define key line measurements, process parameters then methods to collect them and driving MES integration based on those data points
· Experience applying tools and software to analyze efficiency of assembly lines and identify improvement areas
· Proven ability to work successfully in a multicultural virtual environment across various functions (design engineering, purchasing, quality, marketing, finance, mfg operations and others)
· Proven ability to influence and convince through negotiation
· Motivated self-starter, who able to work autonomously in parallel on multiple projects
· Facilitator to drive problem solving and troubleshooting activities
· 5+ years of experience in assembly line development for high-volume manufacturing environment
· 5+ years of experience in assembly line development which includes significant level of automation
· PLC programming (ex. Unity / EcoStruxure Control Expert, ProWORX, SoMachine / EcoStruxure Machine Expert)
· Experience configuring and designing HMI systems
· Experience configuring and modifying MES and MIS systems (ex. AVEVA)
· Experience in large data analytics and software used to create the algorithms (ex. R, Scala, Python, Julia)
· Knowledge of communication protocols (Modbus, Modbus TCP, CAN, Profibus, etc)
· Basic understanding of UL61010-1 Standard, NFPA 79, National Electric Code
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers .
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.