Energy Business – Higher Level Technical Apprenticeship Programme
Do you want to join an award winning Apprenticeship Programme? Obtain a qualification whilst gaining on the job training and earning a salary? Then look no further and read below!
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation, operating in 130 countries with over 144,000 employees. We create connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities, and enrich lives.
Our Energy business is looking for enthusiastic and hard working individuals to join our team as an Electrical Apprentice at our facility in Leeds, where the design and manufacture of Medium Voltage switchgear and transmission and distribution transformers takes place. Learning will include attendance at college and on-site learning. During your apprenticeship you will acquire a thorough understanding our business, organisation, customers and their needs. You will begin to contribute to Schneider Electrics' success and simultaneously gain experience of our business. At the end of your apprenticeship you will have achieved a recognised qualification and gained knowledge of electrical principles through your continued academic studies.
What you'll do
You will be trained to work in the world of manufacturing, the initial training will be broad based leading to a first appointment in a technical or commercial role, e.g. design, project management, tendering. You will be given an opportunity to work in all areas of the business (manufacturing, logistics, assembly, test, purchasing, commercial and design) to gain a broad understanding before being allocated a specific role for longer term development.
Required qualifications and skills:
· 2 A-Levels (grade C and above in Maths and a Science) or equivalent qualifications in an electrical or engineering related subject i.e. ONC, HNC, HND, NVQ Level 3
· Provide evidence of eligibility to work in the UK
· Have knowledge of, and interest in energy management and automation
· Ability to communicate well in English, both written and spoken
· Be self-motivated, resourceful, flexible and customer focused
· Competitive Salary
· Comprehensive internal training
· Fully funded qualification
· Excellent benefits package
· Professional, flexible and engaging environment
· Opportunity for further career development within Schneider Electric
How to apply:
You know about us, so let us learn about you! Apply today at www.schneider-electric.co.uk/careers using reference number 00505M.