Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation. With revenues of ~€25 billion in FY2016, our 144,000 employees serve customers in over 100 countries, helping them to manage their energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Our connected technologies reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. At Schneider Electric, we call this Life Is On .
We currently have a great opportunity for the right person to join our team as an Applications Engineer. We are looking for passionate people to help us engineer safe and efficient industrial process control and safety systems, serving a diverse range of sectors including pharmaceutical, petrochemical, food and beverage, power and water.
The successful Applications Engineer shall join our Industry Business, Process Automation division delivery team, based in our Schneider Electric office in Crawley. They will assist delivery teams in Crawley to help design, engineer, test and commission EcoStruxure Foxboro DCS and Triconex Safety Systems.
Due to the ever-evolving industry, we increasingly rely on industrial / large scale commercial I.T. software and hardware solutions to host or supplement Schneider's own hardware and software. These include hardened networks, domain and server administration, and cyber security. Therefore, we're looking for a candidate who can support us in these areas as well as working with our own portfolio of Schneider products and services.
· To develop solutions using EcoStruxure Foxboro DCS hardware and software.
· To develop solutions using EcoStruxure Triconex Safety System hardware and software.
· To develop cyber secure solutions supported by our global cyber security team.
· To integrate additional Schneider or third-party products as required.
· Travel to customer sites (some internationally) to implement / promote solutions.
· Author/review functional specifications, plans and scope of work to design system.
· Research existing or specified systems to determine best solution.
· To incorporate best practices and utilise recognised Industry standards where ever possible.
To document & test systems and adhere to our software and hardware qualification process.
· To work as part of a team and be prepared to take ownership of problems and research to find resolutions.
· To work to existing procedures and assist in setting and establishing new improved operating procedures.
· Communicate as necessary with the Customer, intercompany departments and staff to ensure that the daily tasks are completed in accordance with the requirement, and customer satisfaction is achieved.