At Schneider Electric we help our customer to optimize building performance by providing world-class energy management, security and convergence solutions. Schneider Electric is a great place to work. Our flexible work environment enables you to take control of how you get your work done. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone at every moment.
Based in Auckland we have an exciting opportunity for a motivated Industrial Automation superstar to join our team as an Advanced Technical Support Specialist. This role provides technical support on our Industry offer and will see you responding to inquiries via telephone, email, online portals and occasional site visits.
Specific responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
· Frontline support for System Integrators, End Users, Electrical Contractors, Panel builders, Electrical Distributors and Consultants.
· You will troubleshoot analyse and resolve complex questions, reproduce (as necessary) or proposes workarounds, interfacing with engineering teams to advocate ideas and obtain solutions.
· Documentation of activities and findings in a case management system. (Salesforce - bFO)
· Knowledge creation via Tech Notes, How to Video’s, FAQ Articles, White Papers.
· Interaction with colleagues in other support centres and departments such as expert teams, offer Management and Sales.
Whilst we do not want to narrow the field, we believe instrumental to success in this role will be the following.
· Tertiary qualification In Electrical Engineering or Electrical Trade Qualification.
· Understanding of New Zealand Electrical Standards and regulations.
· Have experience in commercial, residential or industrial electrical/automation installations.
· Proficiency in English language (written and spoken) is essential.
· Comprehend Electrical Schematics.
· Desirable Experience with computer networking and communications.
That’s the technical stuff, but equally critical is your energy, curiosity, customer focus and ability to collaborate extensively, remaining a selfless and committed team player.
At Schneider Electric your career will be meaningful, inclusive and you will be empowered. We expect that our employees put customers first, embrace different and act like owners.
Our leaders are tasked with shaping our future, building the best teams and to use their judgement to deliver results. We’re a great place to work but we are continually striving to be the best place to work, join us and see how!