Schneider Electric has an opportunity for a Advanced Technical Support Engineer in our PIIT Location.
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
Technical Support Engineers will assist Schneider Electric personnel and customers including electrical distributors, end users, original equipment manufacturers, consultants, and contractors with product selection, configuration and technical support for Schneider Electric Products
We also provide application and solutions support for Schneider Electric focused segments utilizing our vast product portfolio. Our goal is to ensure a high level of Customer Satisfaction.
· Communicate directly with customers via phone, email to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
· Configure and troubleshoot Industrial Control Products for Switching & Controls and Controls & Signaling Lines of Business, which include but not limited to Zelio Smart Relays, TesyT products, modems, contractors and starters, operators interface products, communication interfaces, and programmable controllers.
· Recommend solutions for industrial control applications including, but not limited to single or three phase circuit disconnect operating mechanisms, 3 phase power systems, load switching and transfer, voltage reduction, phase measurement, voltage monitoring, control and overload protection of squirrel cage inductive motors, solid state and electromechanical relays, sensor and timing and machine safeguarding.
· Diagnose root cause of product failures at a component level utilizing knowledge of inrush and sealed currents, pick-up and seal-in and dropout voltages, effects of voltage variation, AC vibration due to oscillating magnetic field, phase imbalance, current amplification, voltage amplification and peak limiting.
· Develop, update and review knowledge-based documentation including White Papers, frequently asked Questions (FAQ’s) and troubleshooting guides.
· Performs other related duties as assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if you fit the following requirements
· Electrical Engineering Technologies Degree or related fields and 2-5 years applicable experience.
· Speak, read and write English fluently
· Prior experience in Field Service, Technical Support or Customer Relationship environment required, must have a high level of aptitude and interest in technology
· A passion for supporting customers in a technical environment
· Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be detail oriented, self-starter and able to work independently
· Has ability to define problem, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions for both electrical and customer issues.
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, a culture of wellness, and more great benefits above and beyond a typical employer. Click to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/mx/carreras
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.