Schneider Electric has an opportunity for an Account Executive - Construction Sales in our Chicago, IL location.
We are searching for a Building Automation Systems Construction Account Executive who will help us strengthen key relationships and develop new relationships to identify and pursue new construction opportunities.
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
You get to be the primary sales position within the organization responsible for developing relationships, identifying opportunities and selling projects. This position is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with new and existing Schneider Electric customers to identify the scope of work, estimate and sell system adds/modifications so as to meet or exceed his/her booking and booked gross margin budgets.
· Develop new business opportunities
· Prospect and identify potential sales opportunities
· Develop and implement sales strategies and tactics for individual sales opportunities
· Prepare sales quotations and proposals
· Participate in yearly sales planning
· Generate and implement sales presentations
· Process and analyze feasibility assessments and/or all bid/contract documents
· May provide guidance to other employees
· Actively log opportunities in Salesforce and perform account planning and mapping activities
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
The perfect candidate will have a strong background in building management systems/controls and will have a close familiarity with the construction market in the Chicagoland area. The sales executive will have knowledge of purchasing processes and influencers within the purchasing process. The sales executive will possess and build relationships within the General Contractor, End-user, MEP consultant and Mechanical contractor community to drive branch preference.
A close familiarity with SMART buildings a plus!
· Four (4) year college degree required or equivalent work experience.
· Three (3) years related work experience (Building management systems experience preferred)
Skills & Abilities
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to, Word, Excel and
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Strong presentation skills.
· Experience building relationships within the construction industry.
· Knowledge of Building Automation Systems.
· Knowledge of SMART/WELL Buildings a plus, but not required.
· Knowledge of security and IT networking a plus, but not required.
· Schneider Electric product knowledge a plus, but not required.
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers .
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.