Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Access to Energy Business Development team in France and to the local Country director, the successful candidate will be/possess:
Responsible for managing new business opportunities for Schneider Electric’s Access to Energy Program, including the creation, management and improvement of the local Access to Energy sales pipeline in the region of between 300K€ to 2M€ annually.
Familiar with all aspects of business development including the ability to manage projects with different stakeholders at all levels, as well as create technical and commercial offers.
A ‘hands-on’ attitude, ready to spend time in rural isolated villages (often without access to water/electricity), embedded in communities to understand real needs, and adapt Access to Energy solutions and offers to match these needs to ensure long term development and sustainability.
Passionate about sustainable development, concerned about poverty issues, have an understanding of the bridge between business and developing countries/economic development. Understand and be able to apply the concept of shared value for different stakeholders both internally and externally.
· Entrepreneur Spirit, Innovative thinker
· Autonomy, can work alone, self sufficient
· Problem solver, ‘can do’ attitude
· Electrical competence/knowledge
· Renewable Energy (Solar)
· Qualification and/or practical experience in Electrical Engineering (3 years minimum)
· Commercial Offers (Commercial Proposals and response to tenders)
· Business Development (actively seek new business opportunities including partnerships, tenders and connections)
· Business models; including but not limited to;
· Transference of local needs to use cases and local revenues to promote local economic and social development
· Adaptation of business models to support local needs, flexibility to see opportunities
· Ensure long term sustainability of Access to Energy projects via innovative thinking and proposals
· Apply for and seek out channels and new partners to raise funds to finance Access to Energy initiatives and projects
· Understand and apply the Access to Energy ethos, ensure that proposed projects/models meet Access to Energy criteria as well as stakeholder requirements
· Planning, P&L
· Investment models – ROI, IRR
Project Management experience (executing and deploying complex projects to time involving many stakeholders, suppliers and disciplines)
· Stakeholders at all levels (from Government ministers/CEOs to villagers)
· Non traditional business partners (NGOs, small business partners etc)
· Schneider Electric Access to Energy team and beyond
Flexibility to travel (approximately 25%)
Based country : Ivory Coast
Nice to Have: Additional Experience in Social Business and BoP markets.