Make the most of your energy in a career at Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation. With revenues of ~€27 billion in FY2015, our 144,000+ employees serve customers in over 100 countries, helping them to manage their energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Our connected technologies reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. At Schneider Electric, we call this Life Is On.
Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment. We're looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric:
Schneider Electric has a great opportunity for the right person to join our team as an Electrical Fitter.
To be part of a team installing and constructing electrical power distribution and transmission systems from 400V to 132kV in a manner that delivers safe, high workmanship quality and fit for purpose networks for the customer and which promotes the company in a positive light at all times.
1. The installation of ground mounted and structure mounted power system components including cable systems, switchgear, transformers, busbars, relay panels and associated equipment in substations operating at up to 132KV.
2. Progress to "Authorised Person" status under the Customer's Safety Rules, allowing the individual to a) have independent access to substations containing live exposed conductors, b) to recieve a permit to work and c) to supervise a working party.
3. Perform in a professional manner to help build customer confidence and thereby contributing to the promotion of Projects Business growth.
4. Provide support in terms of commitment, effort and dedication as required to fellow team members and customers.
5. To work within all set procedures and to ensure Health and Safety is the most important element in this regard.
6. Complete all tasks and task types allocated, increasing skill range and knowledge in the process. This can include excavation work, cable pulling, mechanical fitting, electrical fitting, and small wiring - including relay panel and telecontrol works.
7. When leading a team - undertake the preparation of materials/equipment/labour resources for upcoming works.
8. Undertake the site supervisor role in accordance with the CDM regulations as required - this may include the control of Customer appointed contractors and/or company appointed sub contract labour when required.
9. Keep safe and maintain all company property issued, ensure it is routinely PAT or calibration tested and bring to the company's attention any items that are not of a serviceable nature in a timely manner.
Suitable mechanical or electrical qualification - City & Guilds, 17th Edition and/or relevant experience.
Practical or craft skills experience using hand tools.
Basic operational knowledge of electrical or mechanical systems.
Site safety passport and/or experience of working on CDM sites - desirable
Apprentice training within a similar environment - desirable
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
Please submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
You know about us, so let us learn about you! Apply today.