Who are we?
Are you passionate about making energy more efficient? Do you want to make a difference to the world's energy challenges?
With offices in over 100 countries, Schneider Electric is focused on making energy safe, reliable, and efficient. In 2020, the company's 135,000 plus employees achieved sales of 25 billion euros through an active commitment to help individuals and organisations "Make the most of their energy."
The key role of the Tender Engineer - Automation is to provide tendering and technical expertise to assist in business development of energy automation solutions. You will support multiple sales teams across Australia in management and production of high quality winning tender proposals with a focus on our Automation solution range. The Tender Engineer - Automation will report to the Tendering Team Manager, and will take a lead role in the provision of application engineering and tendering to deliver order volume in Automation.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Review RFQ documentation and assist with the formulation of order winning strategies
Preparing tender documentation including cost summary sheets, technical compliance, risk assessments and approval documentation
Liaise with supply chain/factories for pricing purposes, develop and maintain relationships
Submitting completed tender proposals to meet customer deadlines
Complete tender follow-up and negotiations
Processing orders and handing over to project managers for execution
With a focus on:
· Medium Voltage equipment and solutions
· Automation Solution Tenders – SCADA/RTU solutions, communication protocols, protection relays and services such as configuration, testing, etc.
· Microgrid Tenders, Protection Relay Tenders, Digital Power Solutions
Who are you?
Suffice to say, as our preferred candidate you will be someone with evolved automation expertise, and you know your way around a tendering environment and the process required to pull together successful tendering responses. In addition, you will be positioned as our automation expert within the tendering team, advising on the best automation solutions.
Together with the above experience you will have;
· An engineering degree in electrical engineering with experience in power systems
· An understanding of power systems protection engineering and substation automation systems
· High and medium voltage protection and highlevel design including relay/scheme selection and settings for industrial, power plant and utility power distribution, transmission and generation systems
· Some knowledge of Schneider products (MICOM / SEPAM / Easergy/ PACiS products and solutions) will be beneficial
· Knowledge of commercial and legal terms
· Costing and estimating experience
You have excellent communication skills and a strong team and customer focus; you thrive on responsibility and challenge and enjoy working on multiple projects with diverse stakeholders to achieve outstanding results.
At Schneider Electric, we are open, we value differences, we listen, we learn, connect, and collaborate with others. We are passionate about our customers, our people, our business and our technology. We are positive in our approach to finding solutions that better our lives.
All applicants must have working rights in Australia at the time of application and will be required to provide documented evidence if selected for interview.