Systems Support Engineer – Eurotherm
At Schneider, we believe access to energy and digital is a basic human right. We empower all to make the most of their energy and resources , ensuring Life Is On everywhere, for everyone, at every moment.
We provide energy and automation digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability. We combine world-leading energy technologies, real-time automation, software and services into integrated solutions for Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
We are committed to unleash the infinite possibilities of an open, global, innovative community that is passionate about our Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values.
Eurotherm by Schneider Electric is a global manufacturer of instrumentation, systems and services designed for the efficient operation of industrial processes. The company’s 50-year international reputation as a provider of innovative solutions across a broad spectrum of vertical markets is complemented by a range of engineering support services, designed to improve the performance and effectiveness of customers’ plant-wide assets.
Responsible for providing technical support on Eurotherm systems for the UK & Ireland, Eurotherm group companies and partners across the world.
Geographical areas of responsibility are:
End users - UK & Ireland, Group Companies & Partners – rest of world.
The role may require travel within the UK and overseas including offshore.
The role includes providing out of hours Customer support on a 24/7 rota (typically 1 in 4)
Your main responsibilities:
· 1st & 2nd level technical support for engineered systems and solutions.
· Investigate complex technical problems & liaise with R&D in support of resolution.
· Support for remote engineers, including outside of normal hours when on duty
· Assist with systems SAT, FAT and commissioning.
· Provide on-site technical expertise.
· Deliver training courses to end-users and Eurotherm personnel.
· Nominated non-support activities required by the Technical Support Manager.
· Full UK Driving Licence
· Excellent systems diagnostic and analytical skills
· Wide ranging knowledge of PC and server hardware and operating systems
· Relational database administration and support
· High-level programming experience including SQL, C, C++, Visual Basic, dotNet
· Networking and communications technologies and protocols
· Confident when talking with customers at all levels
· Client/server architectures
· Virtual machines and virtual networking
· DCS and industrial process control systems
· PLC hardware, PLC programming (IEC61131-3) and diagnostics
Minimum qualification HNC/HND or equivalent
What we offer:
You can look forward to growing your career in a dynamic workplace with significant personal responsibility and flexible working models to ensure the right work/life balance.
A dynamic and personal atmosphere, working across teams
A company culture that encourages performance and cooperation
An attractive compensation package including the comprehensive fringe benefits expected of an international company
We are an employer that is characterized by both the appreciation and equal opportunities of our employees, a recipe for generating success.
Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice – apply now online.
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
We are open to a conversation about flexible working .