Description de l'offre
Schneider Electric Software
Schneider Electric is an innovative and trusted provider of software and services that improve productivity and profitability for production, manufacturing and infrastructure industries. Our software solutions allow customers to deliver sustainable performance with flexibility and agility to address evolving market requirements.
Why join us?
First and foremost is our open approach. It's about providing an environment that encourages personal growth and recognizes and rewards success. Schneider Electric offers a clearly different employment experience than other global organizations. We don't place limits on what people can achieve.
We do this by:
· Providing an exciting and challenging environment in a respected, highly successful and growing company where success is built by the people who work here
· Being performance-oriented: developing, recognizing and rewarding a ‘can-do' approach, great performance and personal achievement
· Expecting colleagues to challenge each other and continuously seek opportunities to do things better
· Valuing people who solve problems and thrive on challenges
· Creating new opportunities for personal growth by supporting the training and development of our people
· Working collaboratively with others to achieve shared success
· Being open and transparent as an organization
· Encouraging people to make a positive contribution and express their point of view without fear
· Providing an environment in which people can shape their own career paths
· Nurturing courageous people who want to make big things happen – and providing them the environment to do it
· Manage a number of software deployment and projects
· Gather client requirements and feedback, working with consultants and product managers to develop a project plan and ensure a viable implementation
· Develop a trusted relationship with the customer through delivering their requirements
· Oversee project team interactions coordinating project elements and communicating project progress, both internally and to customers
· Plan transition of responsibility to support team once project delivery is complete
· Work with senior technical staff to improve and mature deployment project management processes
Spiral Software has a strong development focus, with over two thirds of our staff in software development roles. We provide industry-leading technology for the process industries, focusing in particular on the oil and petrochemicals sector.
We are committed to maintaining and building our technology lead making significant investments into research and development each year. Our tools are the established industry leader in crude oil selection and refinery modelling, allowing our clients to make optimal use of available feedstock while maximising safety and minimising environmental impact.
They play a business-critical role for over 100 companies, including all the oil majors. Our new supply chain toolset, launched in 2010, expands the scope of our tools into a much broader market. A strong development roadmap will add further modules for scheduling and logistics management as well as addressing other process industries, such as food & beverage, chemicals, mining and pharmaceuticals.
Our tools run complex and computationally-demanding mathematical models to predict the behaviour of industry processes. The emphasis is on developing robust, highly optimised and scalable solutions. The Spiral toolset offers complete flexibility across desktop, web, mobile and programmatic interfaces, each of which interacts with a common business logic layer.
As a Software Developer, you will work as part of an Agile development team on our Windows desktop applications, focusing on:
· Design and development of C# business logic
· Data access layer design and implementation
· Multi-threaded, multi-user server components
· Distributed high-performance computing
· Significant commercial software development experience
· Extensive knowledge of C# or another object-oriented language
· Strong mathematical, engineering or scientific background
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Good communication skills
· Strong understanding of algorithms and data structures
· Extensive knowledge of the .NET framework
· Experience of development as part of a team
· Experience of unit testing and continuous integration
· Experience of writing high-performance multi-threaded code
· Experience of using code profiling tools
Salary and Benefits
This role enjoys a salary of up to £55,000 pa depending on background and past experience.
Our benefits package includes a discretionary annual bonus scheme, 28 days annual leave, a competitive contributory pension scheme, BUPA health and life insurance cover and high-speed broadband at home.
We go to great lengths to maintain a friendly and comfortable work environment, including a fully-stocked, complimentary kitchen and drinks room, and a pool table. Combined with a continuous stream of interesting and challenging work, these have enabled us to sustain a happy workplace and very low staff turnover.
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
We are always open to a conversation around flexible working.
Please apply online.
The Schneider Electric industrial software business and AVEVA have merged to trade as AVEVA Group plc, a UK listed company. The Schneider Electric and Life is On trademarks are owned by Schneider Electric and are being licensed to AVEVA by Schneider Electric.