Schneider Electric as the global specialist in energy management and automation creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. We deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment. Sustainability is at the core of our strategy. Environment, ethics, social responsibility, and community engagement are at the top of our agenda.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company
At Schneider Electric, we believe that our Customers see our company through our People. We are passionate and engaged to do a great job. We value collective ambitions more than individual ones. We promote empowerment over control. We believe in intelligence, freedom, accountability, and trust.
Currently we are looking for a Senior Site Service Engineer who will be based in Sesto San Giovanni office Milan.
What will you do?
· Working directly on Client Site he has to oversee 360° support of Foxboro Distributed Control System systems both from Maintenance and Engineering side.
· Provides highly visible customer support through the performance of on-site installation, as well as overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems.
· Checks out and approves operational quality of system equipment.
· Instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of the system.
· Serves as company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects/contracts.
· Interprets customer's needs and clarifies if the responsibility for problem resolution falls to sales personnel, customer support reps, or engineers.
· To document and report on site activities for customer review and approval.
· Position will include any aspect of a field support role and is not limited to system hardware, software, PCs, Security and networking.
What will help you to be successful?
· Bachelor Degree in Electronic, Chemical or Computer Science preferred. Any post-graduate coursework is a plus,
· Typically requires at least 1-2 years experience on a Distributed Control System (i.e. Honeywell, Emerson, Yokogawa, Siemens). Experience on Foxboro IA DCS is a plus,
· Working Experience with process control, networking, secured systems, or SCADA,
· Experience on Pharmaceutical environment, including Computer System Validation is definitely a plus,
· Familiar with major industrial protocols (OPC, Modbus, Profibus, etc) for 3 rd parties device interface /communication,
· Strong ability to read and write technical documents including P&Id, Cause/Effects matrix, I/O database, FDS, FAT and SAT procedure,
· Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways,
· Communication skills both written and verbal are a must for scheduling, reporting, and problem solving; as well a passion for Customer Satisfaction.
What do we offer?
· Exciting job in an international company, with opportunities to lead and contribute to different projects & actions.
· Wide choice of benefits
· Special training tailored to your needs and career goals.
· Opportunity to develop based on clear career paths, to grow through experience and exposure.
· Possibility to collaborate with cross-region teams.
· Do you want to get to know us better? Follow us on Facebook!