Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
1. Train, provide support and supervise a group of quality inspectors/testers and pack out associates
2. Participate in continuous improvement projects as appropriate.
3. Ensure testers and test procedures comply with all applicable regulatory and safety procedures/standards.
4. Prioritize job flow into test to allow adequate time to inspect and test equipment to ensure safe, quality products.
5. Prepare, update, and analyze production reports and indicators regularly.
6. Participate in Safety, Schneider Production System (SPS) and ISO audits.
7. Ensure action items generated from Safety, SPS and ISO audits are completed in a timely manner.
8. Work with appropriate support teams to get assistance for test team as necessary.
9. Lead Short Interval Management (SIM) meetings for the team and participate in other SIM meetings as appropriate.
10. Responsible for close follow up of past dues.
11. Experience and competence in reading and interpreting part drawings
12. Ensure the test process meets requirements in terms of quality and service level, and operational costs.
13. Strong trouble shooting skills with the ability to develop root cause analysis and implement corrective actions for process related concerns.
14. Develop and communicate monthly results reports both internally to the plant and to the global team – on time as scheduled and as otherwise required.
15. Assist Quality manager and team in establishing, implementing and maintenance of the quality management system.
16. Conduct or participate in continual improvement activities, such as 5S, SPS, Six Sigma and ISO, to enhance the quality system.
17. Prepare Pareto charts, and 8D reports as required.
18. Develop training to build quality awareness.
19. Review and modify the quality documentation to ensure quality output from the area.
20. Analyze failures, and perform corrective and preventive action to respond to customer complaints usually in 8D format.
21. Help to create and sustain a Culture of Quality in El Paso Tx facility
Ideal candidate profile
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
You have a 4 year undergraduate degree required
5 or more years QA experience
5 or more years supervising a team
Preferred Electronic/Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Degree
Software knowledge includes
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers .
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We're recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.