Schneider Electric has an opportunity for a Project Controller in our Mississauga, ON location. This position is to work closely with all Functions within the Organization, and reporting to the Finance Business Partner for the HUB.
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
All aspects of Project Controlling;
o Coordinating handover of projects from sales to project managers
o Creation of new projects in SAP
o Responsible for maintaining project financials
o Conducting regular reviews of the project financials with project managers
o Responsible for project financial analysis and reporting
o Managing project change orders
o Responsible for month end close activities
o Responsible for financial forecasting (reporting of backlog)
Ø Managing frame agreements and escalation formulae;
Ø Preparation of Projects Financial dashboards, KPIs and performance analysis;
Ø Support the tendering team by being the Finance Subject Matter Expert (SME);
Ø Support the Finance Business Partner with the provision of ad hoc financial analysis as required;
Ø Responsible for any other finance duties that fall within reasonable scope of the role;
Ideal candidate profile
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
· Eagerness to solve problems;
· The willingness and hunger to receive feedback and improve constantly;
· Demonstrate customer centricity and thinking across the company;
· Constant learning, innovating, engagement;
· Transparent and open with information and ideas;
· Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting or related, and or an accounting qualification;
· 5+ years of finance experience
· 2+ year of project controlling experience
· Fluent in English language (spoken and written);
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
· Experience of a matrix structure within a multinational manufacturing organisation;
· Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders and process oriented
· Experience of working in SAP
· Excellent skills in MS-Excel
· Ability to learn tools and system
· Preferably has knowledge of SQL and Tableau
· Attention to detail and problem-solving ability;
· Well-organised with ability to prioritise and multi task;
· Hands-on approach;
· Drive for results;
· Ability to demonstrate the use of initiative in developing ideas and improvements to working practices/disciplines across the organisation and the ability to take ownership for work will be expected;
· The individual will need to be able to work at all levels across the business and to recognise, respond and exceed the expectations of internal and external customers;
· Strong time management skills are essential;
· Be resilient in supporting the team to achieve results even when facing resistance;
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, lucrative group pension plan, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/ca/careers .
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We're recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.