Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Areas of responsibility: RTI/Buy America Assembly, Packout, and/or Paperwork Coordinator
Location: Plant 2: 2321 Blue Ridge Blvd, Seneca, SC 29672
· Performs assembly and to complete panelboards to customer requirements.
· Reviews layout and worksheets, wiring and bussing diagrams, bills of material and blueprints for job requirements. Scans bar code or inputs order number into computer terminal keyboard for bill of materials.
· Responsible for validating bill of materials for completeness. Obtain missing items.
· Performs wiring operations ranging from simple to highly complex systems and products. Runs and fastens wiring and cables to and from lug set, contactor, relays and neutrals. Removes and installs lugs when needed to change sizes.
· Assembles and wires timing equipment. Positions sub-pan, mounting pans, relay, contactors and timer and secures with driver. Connects relay, contactors and timer with wiring. Moves device to work station on cart. Places in metal box and secures with screws and driver. Place all loose components into a hardware bag. Moves from workbench to conveyor.
· Ability to flex to all other roles within the same or lower Tech level
· Follows quality procedures. Checks parts and work visually. Makes torque checks. Makes quality audits. Records information on forms.
· Counts, records and reports production, maintains good 5S and cleans equipment and sorts and disposes of scrap.
· Adheres to all safety policies and procedures
· Will perform other duties as required.
· Education: High School Diploma or GED required
Prefer one year of assembly experience in lower job code classifications in plant.
· Skills/Characteristics Necessary to Perform Essential Functions
· Ability to read and understand written materials including production information, inspection procedures, Kanban cards, complex drawings, complicated wiring and bussing diagrams, blueprints and measuring instruments.
· Ability to meet specified production standards.
· Ability to understand instructions.
· Ability to make inspections of work performed to maintain quality standards.
· Ability to work safely.
· Ability to write.
· Ability to use basic math.
· Ability to assemble and wire complicated devices.
· Ability to work alone and around others.
· Physical Demands Necessary to Perform Essential Functions
Visual inspection of work required.
Prompt and regular attendance required.
Medium weight work, move objects and exert pressure from 25/50 pounds. Handle long items.
Push and pull objects. Slide products from workbench to conveyor.
Heavy weight work, move objects such as completed panelboards weighing 150 pounds. Loads divided, two employees handle these.
Walk and stand 8 hours per shift.
Manipulate objects with either or both hands.
Unsupported extension of arms.
Grasping and gripping parts and hand tools.
Fingering small parts.
Reaching, bending, and stooping to get parts.
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.