Join Schneider Electric and power your career
Discover the opportunities to work for an international, dynamic and responsible company that promotes the development of their employees worldwide. Every day we strive for our employees to work on their personal goals and in this way shape their careers. We are therefore proud to have been appointed by Linkedin as the top 25 "employer of choice". Discover how our value and unique position make you choose Schneider Electric as your (future) employer!
We are looking for a Plant Procurement Manager in Hoorn, the Netherlands, who is motivated to contribute to the overall Schneider Electric growth plan. You will report to the Plant Manager.
Mission of the role
This position is critically important in building and leading a culture of partnership throughout our external Supplier network. The main responsibility is to protect our plant from supplier disruptions. This will be done by continuously assessing supply risks throughout our supplier base and by planning proactively to manage those risks. This role is also key in building the business processes that support best practice in Procurement execution and enable us to plan our supplier’s capacity changes well ahead of market changes, so that we are faster and more Agile in responding to our customer opportunities.
As a Plant Procurement Manager, you will take ownership for the sourcing and buying process. You will support the plant in delivering on targets i.e. lead-time, organisational efficiency, internal process capacity and on-time delivery You will build trusted relationships with suppliers and internal teams.
As a Plant Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for:
· Managing the buying process.
· Applying sourcing policy, interface between supplier and entity with respect to specifications and budgets.
· Managing the suppliers relationship and Delivery Performance.
· Alignment with internal and external stakeholders.
· Inform and build an appropriate action plan about mid to long term Quality & Logistic risks coming from supplier market.
· Partner with a remote team and acting as a functional Subject Matter Expert.
What to expect @ Schneider Electric?
· You are part of a leading global player who actively participates in sustainability and care for the plane.
· Endless development possibilities through the online learning offer of 10,000+ e-learnings in various domains.
· An organization that strives to ensure that its employees are regarded as the "best recognized professionals" in our industry.
· Attention to Wellbeing through training and a Well-being Week.
· The ability to ensure a good work-life balance (watch our global family leave Youtube video for more information).
· Diversity is our top priority. As an organization, we are therefore honored to be included in the list of 'Bloomberg Gender Equality' in 2021 and also to have achieved first place in the industrial sector of 'Equileap Top 200 Gender Equality'.
Required qualifications and skills:
· Degree qualified in an Engineering discipline or equivalent; specialised purchasing qualifications highly desirable;
· A minimum of 3 years of relevant purchase experience; manufacturing industry experience is an advantage;
· Strong knowledge of key procurement tools and processes;
· Passionate about adding value to the business;
· Daily user of ERP systems and knowledge of Data Analysis, Data Management, Excel;
· Hands-on type of person, who strives for constant improvement;
· Team player with a service minded attitude as well as being able to work independently in own area of responsibilities;
· High proficiency in English and Dutch with strong communication skills;
About Schneider Electric
At Schneider, we believe access to energy and digital is a basic human right. We empower all to do more with less, ensuring Life Is On everywhere, for everyone, at every moment.
We provide energy and automation digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability. We combine world-leading energy technologies, real-time automation, software and services into integrated solutions for Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
We are committed to unleash the infinite possibilities of an open, global, innovative community that is passionate with our Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values.
We welcome you to apply for our interesting position. For any questions or more information you can contact Milou van den Hout, Recruitment & Talent Manager on phone number +31 23 5124 124.
Acquisition on this vacancy will not be appreciated.