This position performs a variety of maintenance functions to maintain, repair and modify buildings, grounds, laboratories, production machines and production equipment and performs the corrective and preventive maintenance programs for the above.
What do you get to do in this position?
· Moves and rearranges items such as office furniture to very heavy machines and equipment.
· Dismantles storage racks, transports them to a new location, and reassembles racks.
· Fabricates and welds work benches, tables and shelves.
· Repairs and installs machine guards.
· Makes plumbing repairs and installs pipe and fittings such as water, oil, air, gas, steam, and condensate lines at floor and ceiling levels of building.
· Welds machine tools to make repairs and alterations. Selects best welding method for job from acetylene, electric, or wire welding techniques.
· Repairs machine and equipment such as heat treat furnaces, resistance welders.
· Diagnoses problems and cause of failure to operate correctly.
· Disassembles machines or equipment in defective area.
· Completes reassembly of machines and equipment.
· Operates machinery to test and adjusts until machine is operating correctly.
· Repairs small equipment such as tape shooters, air wrenches, and pop rivet guns by disassembling, installing new parts and reassembling devices.
· Performs preventive maintenance duties to maintain buildings, grounds, machines & equipment.
· Examples of duties include changing air filters; changing oil in and lubricating machines; cleaning vents; checking gears, chains, sprockets, valves and equipment breakage; and examining controls, indicator lights, guards, sensing devices, emergency stops, circuits, lamps and switches.
· Records inspections and repairs.
Education: Preferred Associates Degree in Industrial Technology or similar field.
Experience: Prefer two years' Millwright/Mechanic experience.
Skills Necessary to Perform Essential Functions:
· Read and understand complex written materials, blueprints, diagrams and sketches.
· Understand and perform welding, mechanics, pneumatics and hydraulics.
· Understand complex electrical/electronic equipment, circuits, standards & controls.
· Diagnose and solve building, equipment and machine problems.
· Understand instructions.
· Ability to write and make sketches.
· Ability to work alone and with others.
· Ability to meet quality and productivity standards.
· Work safely individually & with others at floor levels, at heights of several feet above floor level to interior ceilings and exterior roof of plant.