Should Cost Analyst
Should Cost & Clean Sheet Solutions
Who are we?
As the global specialist in energy management, Schneider Electric takes on the challenge of transforming the way people and organizations use energy. We make electricity available for both individuals and organizations ensuring reliability and safety thanks to our wide range of electrical distribution and critical power & cooling solutions. We provide energy efficiency solutions to help our customers achieve greater productivity while consuming fewer resources. For example: industry, infrastructure and buildings account for more than 70% of energy consumption today and with our solutions, they can cut energy usage by up to 30%. Schneider Electric had nearly €25 billion in sales in 2016, and has more than 140,000 employees in over 100 countries.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly motivated and engaged expert to contribute to Schneider Electric productivity through the use of analytics tools used in procurement strategies and negotiations. These analytics tools are called Should Cost because they help the buyers to evaluate what the price of a part/component/service should be.
Your focus area will be on conducting Should Cost analysis for various FC&RM categories (such as stampings, plastics, assemblies, copper). You will be based in Mexico as part of should cost team, report to Americas + global acceleration and digitalization leader, who is also based in Mexico.
The role is very transversal, with contacts and stakeholders across regions and different functions between Procurement, Industrialization and R&D (for technical expertise). As Should Cost Analyst, you will also strengthen valuable skills in analytics and project management. You will be close to global category management team as well as regional operations with participation to negotiations in support to buyers.
• Embrace and exemplify Schneider Electric Core Values (Customer First, Dare To Disrupt, Embrace Different, Learn Every Day, Act Like Owners) as well as overall leadership expectations (Shape Our Future, Build The Best Team, Deliver The Results, Free Up Energy, Use Your Judgement).
• Responsible for conducting product Tear Down engineering / cost analysis
• Conduct spend analysis and diagnose costing needs and potentials with category managers and build up costing plan according to category strategy and supply base complexities.
• Communicate results and opportunities of Clean Sheet analysis to Should Cost manager and/or procurement communities.
• Support the creation and execution of gap closure roadmap with Should Cost manager.
• Support negotiations using Should Cost tools as analytics expert.
• Support regional projects, Such as “Purchasing Out Of Mexico”, “Quality Value Engineering”, “Localization”, “Change Of Supplier”, “Make vs. Buy” ….
• Support regional and global initiatives (Supplier Base Optimization, Rebalancing).
• Support capability building initiative to buyers through training, workshop, joint work, etc. Identify and share best practices on analytics and share them with procurement teams.
• Solid analytical skills
• High technical skills to teardown (dissect) product for cost analysis
• Well organized and multi-tasking
• Strong problem solving skills
• Thorough understanding of manufacturing basics and cost structure, especially for fabricated component process, such as plastic injection, stamping, sheet metal, machining, casting….
• Self-starter and have demonstrated your autonomy in past projects
• Strong influencer and good communicator, fluent in English
• Exposure to different cultures to support global needs
• Expert level for Excel, PowerPoint, Access* (*desired)
• Knowledge of Visual Basic or any other programming language* (*desired)