Firmware Developer - Advanced Metering / Victoria, B.C.
This position resides in Victoria within the Advanced Metering team in Digital Power. The team is responsible for the development of our advanced metering product line. As a part of a design team, the Firmware Engineer will be responsible for utilizing embedded Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) to design embedded applications for Schneider Electric power metering products. This role in our team will require an individual to help define, develop and test our advanced metering product line while advancing our continuous delivery, automation and agile capabilities.
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for
everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
In 2018, Schneider Electric has been recognized as one Canada's Top 100 Employers, one of Canada's Top Employers for Young People, and one of Greater Toronto's Top Employers. Learn the reasons why at https://content.eluta.ca/top-employer-schneider-electric.
G r eat people make Schneider Electric a great company.
As a part of an engineering team, the Firmware Engineer will have the following primary responsibilities:
· Utilize real time embedded operating systems in the development of electronic products.
· Design, implement, and validate modular real-time embedded applications.
· Work to design requirements to implement a compliant solution.
· Evaluate design alternatives
· Modify existing embedded software to fit unique product needs and configurations.
· Participate in the specification, design, analysis and implementation of embedded firmware in several engineering projects.
· Contribute to the development of engineering test plans to verify functional compliance of the design to its specification.
· Design for testing and automation excellence
· Contribute to firmware process and continuous delivery infrastructure
· Bachelor's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
· Engineering experience. Including:
o Embedded application development experience.
o Strong programming skills
· Embedded C / C++ development.
· Proficient with embedded development tools and practices.
· Knowledge of good firmware design principles
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills will also be needed for documentation creation, discussions, correspondence etc.
· Working knowledge and project experience with embedded Real Time Operating Systems ( RTOS ) such as microC/OS-II, embOS, VxWorks, Linux.
· Working knowledge of embedded web design and web services
· Working knowledge of algorithm design and coded implementation
· Working knowledge of coding standards.
· Familiarity with other common programming and scripting languages ( Objective C, Java, PHP, ASP, Python, Perl, HTML)
· Familiarity with secure coding standards and SDL practices.
· Familiarity with device level cyber security concerns
· Awareness of industry standard certifications (IEC, UL, etc.)
· Understanding of embedded microcontroller/ processor architectures
· Experience working with and developing drivers for common processor / microcontroller embedded peripherals.
· Experience with the integration and usage of embedded libraries
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See
what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Open space for localized content: country or region specific information and/or business unit organization description.
L et us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Con c ern ing agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.