Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
As part of the services team you will be accountable for installing, inspecting, troubleshooting and repairing customer equipment.
You will be supporting our customers and sales personnel on the operation and maintenance of equipment and perform installs, service and repairs to customer equipment. You will perform warranty work and start-up service as well as testing, calibration, checking, correcting, adjusting and part component replacement services on customer products.
As a part of our team you will construct and test circuits, utilizing various equipment such as computers, workstations, circuit diagrams and test instruments/equipment. Provides technical support in product service and training.
· You will lead or contribute to Field Services small projects coordination and execution on customer site (end of life, modernization, upgrade, etc.).
· As a Field Service Representative you will interpret blueprints and other service documents, including but not limited to, specifications, reporting and quality requirements.
· Perform Startup/Commissioning on equipment across the Schneider Electric product portfolio.
· Perform preventive, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on equipment. Track Installed Base (serviceable assets).
· Advise customers on best practice, new services and upgrade opportunities.
· You will support a wide range of power distribution equipment from 480v to 36kv.
· Perform basic audits of customer's electrical systems and equipment.
· Document all required information for each site (technical reporting).
· Provide daily and accurate time and expense records for each customer intervention.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
· You have a two year technical degree or equivalent experience of 5+ years in electrical and/or power distribution service.
· You have experience testing, maintenance and/or upgrade experience in some or all of the following areas: low or medium switchgear, transformers, relay protection systems and controls systems.
· You can follow safety policies, practices and procedures.
· You have the ability to create procedure manuals and reports.
· You are able to communicate effectively while presenting technical information to internal and external customers.
· You possess the aptitude to apply various concepts of algebra and geometry in your day to day activities.
· Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc..
· You can stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time and be able to lift and carry heavy objects up to 50 pounds.
· Ability to adhere to the strict guidelines of approved Methods of Procedures (MOPs). Experience in developing MOP's is a plus.
· You have clear verbal and written communication skills.
· Possess a valid driver's license.
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We're recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.