Digital Interactions Developer
Location – Ashby-de-la-Zouch
Make the most of your energy in a career at Schneider Electric
At Schneider, we believe access to energy and digital is a basic human right. We empower all to make the most of their energy and resources, ensuring Life Is On everywhere, for everyone, at every moment.
We provide energy and automation digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability. We combine world-leading energy technologies, real-time automation, software and services into integrated solutions for Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
We are committed to unleash the infinite possibilities of an open, global, innovative community that is passionate about our Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values.
Are you our next Digital Interactions Developer ? Based out of our Ashby-de-la-Zouch office , Schneider Electric has a great opportunity for the right person to join our well-established Digital Energy Centre of Excellence team as a Digital Interactions Developer .
See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric:
You will be working as part of a team responsible for the delivery of projects spanning everything from ETL jobs and low-level embedded protocol integrations to more commonly high-level integrations making use of web-based API’s and services to cloud based systems with web front ends.
As a “Digital Interactions Developer”, you will be responsible for architecting, building and supporting applications to enable our end-users to interact with the Schneider Electric technology stack. This will be achieved through a combination of Desktop, Mobile, APIs and Custom-built plugins.
You will be required to have both a high level of coding abilities along with some artistic flair to provide applications and user interfaces which meet with our brand standards and engage our customers.
You will be expected to fully immerse yourself into the Schneider Electric product set to better understand our Customers’ needs. This will include not only Classroom and eLearning but from time to time visiting our Customers and being an ambassador for the team.
What do you get to do in this position?
• To assist in the production of the architecture/technical design and implementation of applications
• Assume on-going responsibility for the development and maintenance of all current and new projects and products.
• You will be expected to assume the role of technical Lead on projects you are assigned to, ensuring effective and viable solutions are developed by the company, working to the highest standard of both visual and technical design.
• Evaluate new technologies that can be integrated in the platform by creating proof of concepts
• Ensure maintenance and bug fixing on all software components
• Be the interface between the users and external vendors
• Provide support for line of business and teammates on your software components for integration in their products
This role might be for you if?
• Passionate about learning and staying up to date with the latest technologies.
• A willingness to learn the full Schneider Electric product set; ranging from Power, Data Centres and Building Automation to Industrial Applications and Data Analytics.
• BSc in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical engineering or related field.
• Visual Studio (2017, 2019).
• Care deeply about clean and maintainable code.
• Have a positive attitude.
• Cloud based application architectures.
• Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and customer oriented.
• Ability to work well individually and in a highly collaborative, multi-site team
• Familiar with Agile development methodology
• ALM tools such as Azure DevOps
• Unit test frameworks and tools: NUnit, xUnit, ReSharper
• Familiar with the Microsoft Azure Platform
• Familiar with NuGet Repositories and Jenkins Build Servers
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond.
What we can offer you?
• Competitive Salary
• Company Pension Scheme
• Bonus Incentive Scheme
• MSDN Subscription (Professional/Ultimate)
• Pluralsight Subscription
• You can look forward to growing your career in a dynamic workplace with significant
personal responsibility and attractive development opportunities
• Flexible working models to ensure a balance of family and working life
• Optimal support on your career path through regular training opportunities
• A dynamic and personal atmosphere, working with a global energised team
• A company culture that encourages performance and cooperation
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
We are always open to a conversation around flexible working.
Please submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
If our recruiting team determines your background may be a good match for this position, we'll contact you directly regarding the next steps in the process.
You know about us, so let us learn about you! Apply today.
We look forward to receiving your application via our online job portal.
Ideal candidate profile