Category Buyer - Leeds
Schneider’s purpose is to empower all to make the most of our energy and resources, bridging progress and sustainability for all. We call this Life Is On .
Our mission is to be your digital partner for Sustainability and Efficiency .
We drive digital transformation by integrating world-leading process and energy technologies, end-point to cloud connecting products, controls, software and services, across the entire lifecycle, enabling integrated company management, for homes, buildings, data centers, infrastructure and industries.
We are the most local of global companies . We are advocates of open standards and partnership ecosystems that are passionate about our shared Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtExntUe89c
Location: This role will be based on our site in Leeds but you will be working in a hybrid away, so a few days from home and few days on site.
You will need to be willing to travel across in UK and Europe around 30% of your time, (based on circuntances and local guidlines regarding to Covid resctrictions).
As a Category Buyer, you will be responsible to ensure the best Quality, Cost and Delivery Conditions for a portfolio of suppliers for Equipment’s &Transformers Plants.
You will be joining an international team.
Aligned with the Corporate Strategy, you are in charge of implementing the best terms and conditions with suppliers to achieve, on a sustainable basis, the targets allocated to the team and the Procurement Department (Yearly Productivity, Suppliers Quality & Deliveries performance).
Your main responsibilities:
• Ensure the operational relationships with allocated suppliers and drive sustainable competition into the supplier panel
• Manage the Request for Quotations and offers selection in consistency with the category strategy
• Lead concentration plan on targeted suppliers while monitoring and eliminating business risks related to suppliers/supply
• Lead regular negotiations
• Identify & coordinate implementation of Technical productivities (QVE), Supplier Change (COS) with related stake holders (Business Unit, Material Productivity Leaders, Suppliers)
• Whenever bearing a role of SSL (Schneider Supplier Leader), lead a global approach (Supplier development, performance review, Global negotiation, Should Cost approach and Lean initiatives for allocated suppliers)
• Contribute to the purchasing database/tools updates by providing necessary information to Pole Category Manager / Regional Category Manager / Procurement Assistant
• Be the first escalation level for supplier crisis management
· Master’s degree in Purchasing with 3-5 years’ experience or Engineering degree with experience in purchasing
· Strong negotiation skills
· Ability to communicate effectively with Influence and Convincing skills by working inside and outside the company with Top Management representatives
· Procurement skills (Supplier Management, Category Strategy, Procurement Tools)
· Legal aspects, Risk management, Contracts implementation
· Cost & Value analysis, Total Cost of Ownership
· Quality and Supply Chain Knowledge
· Project Management
· Spoken and written fluent communication in English is a must
· Ease with Digital and IT tools
· Leadership skills
· Cross cultural awareness
· Remote management
What we offer:
You can look forward to growing your career in a dynamic workplace with significant personal responsibility and flexible working models to ensure the right work/life balance.
A dynamic and personal atmosphere, working across teams
A company culture that encourages performance and cooperation
An attractive compensation package including the comprehensive fringe benefits expected of an international company
We are an employer that is characterized by both the appreciation and equal opportunities of our employees, a recipe for generating success.
Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice – apply now online.
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
Please submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.