This engineering position is responsible for the design and implementation of quality building automation control practices for assigned projects. Specific responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, both pre contract and post contract work as described below.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
· Lead detailed automation design and engineering field audits
· Create automation scopes of work and cost estimates with minimal supervision
· Prepare technical audit reports
· Provide decision-making support for sales, engineering, and project management functions
· Analyze the performance of mechanical, electrical, and control systems and recommend changes to improve functionality and/or energy efficiency through multi-disciplinary Energy Conservation Measures
· Prepare automation hardware, network, and software designs
· Project management responsibilities including accountability for design budgets and deadlines
· Author sequences of operation for improved energy efficiency of HVAC equipment and other mechanical, electric, and pneumatic systems
· Create building automation and integrated system drawings and reports
· Assist in validation and commissioning hardware and project installations
· Ensure conformance to industry design standards and local codes
· Stay abreast of new technological developments/releases and apply to projects and processes where beneficial
· Assist clients and team members with any BAS operation, software, or networking problems
· Participate in strategic initiatives as assigned to drive continuous improvement
· Deliver solutions with first-time quality while maintaining high levels of internal and external client satisfaction
· Other duties may be assigned
Ideal candidate profile
QUALIFICATIONS: The qualifications below are representative of the education, experience, skills and/or abilities required. A qualified candidate will meet the minimum requirements as listed in each subsection.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably mechanical, electrical, energy, computer science, or related field of study or equivalent work experience. Technical degree in electrical or HVAC with 2 years experience.
Entry level position, but applicable academic courses or world experience a plus
Working knowledge of Schneider Electric BAS platforms (Vista, StruxureWare, Can2Go, Continuum, I/Net, Tridium/Niagara and/or Invensys) high preferred.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Capacity for analytical thought and proven problem-solving aptitude
· Detail-oriented while also understanding of the “bigger picture”
· Understanding and technical knowledge of HVAC equipment and building mechanical/electrical systems
· Knowledge of current generation Building Automation Systems from Schneider Electric and competing manufacturers highly preferred
· Understanding of energy metering technologies and applications (electrical, water, gas, BTU, etc.)
· General knowledge of low-voltage electrical contracting and construction methods
· Familiarity with IP level networking and open protocols including BACnet, LON, and MODBUS
· Knowledge in Microsoft Office programs including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project
· Advanced organizational skills including the ability to handle multiple demands and assignments while prioritizing tasks effectively and efficiently
· Advanced verbal and written communication skills including listening effectively and soliciting input from others
· Ability to work effectively as a true team player including mentoring and coaching less experienced team members
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the primary duties of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
· Moving over rough or uneven surfaces
· Recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities
· Recurring lifting of moderately heavy to light items and transporting of items such as a ladder, tools, laptop computer and luggage
· Driving an automobile
WORK ENVIRONMENT : The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the primary duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
· While performing the primary functions of the job, the employee will operate in an office environment
· During project site visits, the employee will be exposed to outside weather conditions, roof tops, and attics, as well as mechanical and electrical equipment rooms which could consist of confined spaces and loud noises
· Employee may work in different environments while on various job sites
· This job will require approximately 40-60% travel to project sites, both international and domestic
· A growing global company with a positive corporate culture
· Recognized leader among energy services companies (ESCOs)
· Strong team culture and respected sales organization
· Competitive salary and bonus opportunities
· Excellent benefits package including a generous 401k match and employee discount stock purchase program
· Commitment to team member development including extensive in-house/external training options and a tuition reimbursement program
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are of real value to the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .