Python Test Developer (M/F/D) Permanent position | Full-Time | Montréal
Are you a Python Test Developer or would you like to become one?
If your answer is yes, it’s your lucky day as we are looking for a dynamic and talented person to join our team in Montréal!
What will your role be?
In this project, your main responsibilities will be:
· Participate in the design, development and maintenance of test infrastructure on the Windows 10 platform
· Design and develop utilities to process and visualize various types of test data including telemetry and command logs
· Implement APIs to provide access to utilities and accelerate test development
· Produce related design documentation and user’s guides
· Develop Python test scripts to verify a deliverable article’s various development models;
· Support the deliverable article’s testing either in simulation or with models of the real hardware (AI&T), including the deliverable flight hardware;
· Produce the related documentation (ideally in an executable form);
· May participate in formal reviews with customer;
· Support the software automation process;
· Participate in an Agile development team;
· Implement/support Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment when appropriate.
What qualifications are we looking for?
· Bachelor in Computer Engineering or Software or another relevant degree with complementary experience;
· Minimum of 5 years of software development experience, and a minimum of 3 years of related experience to the position
· Experience designing automated tests for hardware/software platforms ;
· Scripting/programming experience (e.g. Python , Groovy, Bash, Powershell)
· Intermediate Python Hardware-Test Developer reporting to a software engineering project lead
· Familiarity with electrical-related concepts (Volts/Amps/Resistance) and communication protocols (I2C, SPI, CAN, TCPIP)
· Exposure to Azure and cloud development
· Knowledge of C/C++
· Familiarity with communication busses such as CAN, Space Wire, SPI etc.
· Experience with source control such as Git or bitbucket (GitHub, GitLab, etc.)
· Knowledge of automated build environments such as Jenkins or Hudson
· Knowledge of the Agile Methodology (Kanban, Scrum, SAFe)
Why join us?
· To acquire experience in different critical industries and projects while working for the same company;
· To have a competitive salary and a great benefits package (dental, life and medical insurance, RRSP matching, sick days, vacation);
· To access trainings that focus on expanding your knowledge while staying up to date with cutting edge technologies and best practices;
· To have a clear career development plan that suits your goals;
· To have the possibility of working abroad through our mobility program thanks to our international presence;
· To join a dynamic, specialized and fast-growing group where communication is key and where every team member is valued;
· To be part of a team where having fun is essential (team building events, 5 à 7, Marathon and more!).
Who are we?
At Scalian, we are a leading multinational engineering consulting firm with 3500 specialists and over 30 years of experience.
We are specialized in Digital Systems (IT & Software and Systems Engineering) and Industrial Performance (Quality Assurance, Supply Chain and Project Management).
Our expertise serves various technological sectors as the aerospace, defense, rail and energy industries while providing distinctive support to their development and operations.
Are you interested and would like to find out more?
Apply and let’s talk!