Firmware Engineer (M/F/D) Montréal | Permanent Contract | Full-Time
Are you a Firmware Engineer or would you like to become one?
What will your role be?
The firmware engineer will participate in the whole range of the Company HealthCare’s suite of simulation products including the ultrasound and surgical simulators. Typical tasks will include analysis, design, coding, testing, validation, integration and tuning of innovative solutions.
· Design, development, integration, debugging and verification of embedded firmware application in C and/or C++
· Analyze firmware performance in real-time acquisition/control systems for medical simulation
· Develop logical and physical design documents. Use Data Modeling techniques to define, expand and enhance current Firmware Architecture
· Establish specifications of features and firmware architecture
· Troubleshoot and resolve complex software/hardware problems in embedded real-time systems
· Ensure business requirements and system requirements are complete and translate them into design, implementation and verification guidelines
· Contribute to establishment of coding, design and architectural standards and procedures to ensure solutions are in compliance to the project goals, policies and principles
· Engage with development team to resolve challenging design issues
· Participate in planning and estimating for potential projects
· Contribute to product architecture
What are we looking for?
The ideal firmware engineer must demonstrate innovation and passion. The candidate should be a dynamic individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. The incumbent must be very comfortable working in a dynamic team environment where good communication skills would be required. The ideal candidate would be customer driven and results oriented.
· Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in Electronics or Computer Engineering with 2 to 5 years of professional experience in firmware development
· Proficient in C and C++ for embedded microcontrollers and devices
· Demonstrated ability to conceive, design, implement and document complex firmware systems
· Knowledge of RTOS constructs including processes, threads, semaphores, scheduling, synchronization mechanism and memory management
· In-depth working knowledge of microprocessor families and sensors
· Knowledge in the use of hardware debugging tools including logic-analyzers and oscilloscopes
· Highly motivated, setting personal goals and achieving goals with minimum supervision
· Experience in configuration management and code version control (CVS)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Must be able to work in a fast pace environment and be committed to release deadlines
· Familiarity with STM32 family (plus)
· Familiarity with embedded software development environment: IAR, Keil or similar a plus
· Experience with Linux a plus
Why should you come on board?
· Because Scalian is a human-scale , fast-growing group, which will help you achieve your career and mobility goals
· Because you will be able to enhance your human and professional experience within our 3 specialist divisions: Digital Transformation, Digital Systems and Operations Performance
· Because you will be able to develop your skills thanks to the L@b and its research projects (drones, VR, AR, simulation, etc.)
· Because you will be able to benefit from a business philosophy that promotes learning and passing on knowledge throughout your career
So, would you like to find out more?
Contact us and let’s talk!